Thai PM chairs cabinet meeting today from home quarantine

snoop1130

Thai-PM-Prayut-23-Apr-2021.jpg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha chaired the cabinet meeting today (Tuesday) via tele conference, as he began his self-imposed home quarantine in an army barracks, after he was in close contact with an infected person while presiding over launch of the Phuket tourism “sandbox” project on July 1st even though his recent COVID-19 tests were negative.

President of the Surin Provincial Chamber of Commerce, Veerasak Pisanuwong, was photographed next to the prime minister during the event but, upon returning to Surin yesterday, he went for a swab test which confirmed his infection. He subsequently offered an apology to anyone who was in close contact with him and asked them to monitor their condition for 14 days.

According to Government Spokesman Anucha Burapachaisri the prime minister tested negative for the coronavirus, but vowed to carry on with his work from home. He cancelled his afternoon schedule and left Government House.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-pm-chairs-cabinet-meeting-today-from-home-quarantine/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-07-06

He's looking for good press here but imo it looks so bad on about a dozen levels. Major optics fail as usual.

Well, if he gets covid we'll know injections weren't Astra zenica - yikes!

Edited by kynikoi
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Not really, if it is like most online teaching it probably consists of 24 children calling plaintively "Teacher, cannot hear" over the "Line" app, and sending stickers of themselves with bunny rabbit ears and puppy dog noses!

Do you think he'd appreciate a thumb & forefinger together sticker?

There are GIFs available like that, apparently...555!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha chaired the cabinet meeting today (Tuesday) via tele conference, as he began his self-imposed home quarantine

This is serious. Just to be on the safe side....the Viral Czar should be totally locked down and completely isolated for at least 25 years. Can’t take any chances with these disease things you know.

Edited by Hayduke
  • Like 2

I was in Central at the same time as this lot. Fortunately there was enough security to keep the hoi polloi away from the big man at first but when he started his tour of the booths  he was surrounded by people wanting to get up close and personal for selfies with him and were no doubt in close contact with the infected man.

I hope they are all self-isolating after being informed to do so via the Mor Chana app! I wonder where my message got to? (I didn't get close, preferring to stay as far away from the PM as possible!)

• Like 1

He's said to be "beleaguered".

This (real or fabricated) allows him a respite, and some pity.

He's also said to be considering a 'merit making' event, maybe one of his fortune tellers advised this, given all the recent bad juju (COVID deaths, factory fires).

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

According to Government Spokesman Anucha Burapachaisri the prime minister tested negative for the coronavirus, but vowed to carry on with his work from home. He cancelled his afternoon schedule and left Government House

14 days is no-where near long enough.

He is clearly not quarantining at home alone and has a team of people with him. I would be surprised if he could log into a computer himself never mind join Zoom meetings, manage the mute, unmute button etc. No way he is quarantining alone.