Bangkok Hospital Hua Hin opens registration for Moderna vaccine

webfact

2020-04-20-696x392.jpg

By  Paul Andrews

Bangkok Hospital Hua Hin will open registrations for the Moderna vaccine, it has been announced.

Registrations are open from 1pm today (July 7), according to an announcement posted on the hospital’s Facebook page on Tuesday (July 6).

The vaccine will cost 1,650 THB per dose, however there is likely to be limited availability.

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/bangkok-hospital-hua-hin-opens-registration-for-moderna-vaccine/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2021-07-07

Same in Phuket. Actually the registration link never worked until the page actually disappeared. I tried every 10 minutes starting at 9am. Around 10:30 the link sent you to an error page then later the page was removed. 

• Like 1

If it was anything like Phuket it was a joke, couldn’t register at 9 because of “problems” then later you only got “ cannot access that site” I suspect it was for friends and family so Bangkok hospital will not get another baht from me????

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

On a local Hua Hin forum, there was some mention of 1,800 doses. So actually only enough for 900 people - unless they're planning on getting more later.

No Moderna in 2021. Thailand forgot to order

5 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

According to a screenshot posted on the Hua Hin CoVid-19 Community Support Group Facebook page at 13:05, it was already closed after just five minutes.

My guess is that all the staff, family, and friends of the hospital will be getting Moderna shots.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

On a local Hua Hin forum, there was some mention of 1,800 doses. So actually only enough for 900 people - unless they're planning on getting more later.

I wonder what the situation is like in other SEA countries, perhaps there's some countries who didn't sit on their asses doing nothing for the last year.

• Like 1

The registration didn't last long. My guess was that it would be a very short window and it was. My family members were ready to push the button at 1PM. They managed to get two people registered here in Hua Hin and at least two other relatives in Phuket. Billing statements will be emailed within 24 hours.

The whole thing was over within 5 minutes. I heard that there were 4000 available in Phuket? Not sure how many in Hua Hin, but probably much less? If another registration becomes available you need to be ready at the exact time to be successful.

1 hour ago, onekoolguy said:

Received the invoice today for the Moderna vaccine. 2 injections per person. $102.38 USD Total per person. 3,300 baht at todays rate.

I think very reasonable.

Should see it by Q2 2022 Congratulations !!!!!

4 hours ago, club said:

Should see it by Q2 2022 Congratulations !!!!!

10 minutes ago, onekoolguy said:

That's a very real possibility and why this can only be a backup plan.

I called Samitivej Sukhumvit to register, bangkok.
They said on the telephone that they can only expect the vaccine in first quarter of 2022.
You can register there by telephone at present.