Recommended neighbouring countries for a visa run? (Need to apply for Non-B visa)

Hi, 

Can anyone recommend neighbouring countries to go an apply for a Non-B visa in the current climate? We have a candidate we'd like to hire who is on a tourist visa/covid extension. For the moment, Immigration is not offering an option to change visa type or the reason of extension to employment with a BOI company. So it seems, the only option is exiting the country to apply for the visa at a Thai embassy. The candidate is planning to exit Thailand, apply for visa and then return via ASQ.

What would be the best nearby countries to do this at the moment? Particularly the following criteria:

• Easy to enter (for EU national), no quarantine requirements
  • Not too far, affordable flights 
  • Fast visa processing time
  • Confused 2

I don't see why the conversion should not be possible, but an alternative without leaving the country would be to just pay an agent to get a non-o for volunteering. With this visa he can then get a one year extension for working at your company.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

I don't see why the conversion should not be possible, but an alternative without leaving the country would be to just pay an agent to get a non-o for volunteering. With this visa he can then get a one year extension for working at your company.

As far as I'm aware, you can only get a BOI visa extension and work permit if you hold an existing business visa, or a Non-O visa based on marriage with a Thai. A Non-O volounteering is not compatible for extending with the BOI. 

• Like 1

Not to far and affordable flights ??? Do you have any idea what this whole process will cost with ASQ and the whole shebang . This is impossible to do the charlie way . As jackdd said , get an agent and see what your options(or your employee's options) are . Might be cheaper then leaving returning quarantine etc etc . 

13 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Not to far and affordable flights ??? Do you have any idea what this whole process will cost with ASQ and the whole shebang . This is impossible to do the charlie way . As jackdd said , get an agent and see what your options(or your employee's options) are . Might be cheaper then leaving returning quarantine etc etc . 

We are aware of the whole process, we have relocated dozens of new employees from Europe. Unfortunately for this person, there seems to be no viable alternative than applying for the visa abroad. It seems that Immigration has put a hold on the special visa type changes. 

32 minutes ago, SS1 said:

We are aware of the whole process, we have relocated dozens of new employees from Europe. Unfortunately for this person, there seems to be no viable alternative than applying for the visa abroad. It seems that Immigration has put a hold on the special visa type changes. 

I assume you are dealing with the one stop center for BOI companies. The seem to have their own rules for things.

At normal immigration office it would not be a problem for him to apply for a non-b visa with all the required documents.

Check the requirement for entry to Singapore. If he could enter and apply for the visa at the Thai embassy there he could fly back into Phuket and go into the sandbox. Less stress than the 14 day ASQ quarantine and possibiley at a lower cost.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SS1 said:

That's why you should look for an agent.

Singapore is not accepting tourists right now, or no where else in Asia is. The closest may be in Europe, Athens for instance. Athens is accepting tourists with a Rapid test requirement/ PCR Test Requirement.

Should Non B need to be applied for, should this not be applied via the Thai Embassy in the home country of the citizen?

9 minutes ago, nyljr99 said:

Singapore is not accepting tourists right now, or no where else in Asia is.

It is still possible to enter Singapore unless from certain countries. I researched it this morning. It requires applying for entry pass in advance.

You probably mean this?

Foreigners who are short-term visitors (including business and official travellers) travelling from one of the following countries/regions may seek entry into Singapore by applying for an Air Travel Pass (ATP):

• Brunei Darussalam
  • Mainland China
  • New Zealand
Edited by nyljr99

6 minutes ago, nyljr99 said:

I see but even so, the quarantine in Singapore is 14 days at a cost of $2000.

No quarantine is mentioned here after clicking Singapore on this map or the links posted in the info.

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php

Also not mentioned on this site. https://www.moh.gov.sg/covid-19/faqs/faqs---border-measures-and-changes-to-stay-home-notice-requirements

I see, perhaps OP might want to check but to my knowledge, am quite sure that Singapore is not accepting tourists right now. The government is seeking to achieve 70% vaccination rate before gradually opening up.

• Like 1