What are possible implications of staying less then 180 days in a tax year?

As I read online work permit holder needs to stay in Thailand atleast 180 days, in order to file income tax and get salary.

Due to unavoidable situation, I may not be able to complete criteria of staying 180 days in this tax year. 

Currently am on progressive tax rate
What could be possible implication on mine income tax?

Or any other advise regarding this would be helpful.

Edited by akda

I am working in a Bangkok based company with work permit and currently out of country. I am still working remotely and getting salary monthly. HR is still withholding income tax from my salary as if I am in the country. The way I understand is if I make money in Thailand, I will need to pay income tax even if I work remotely from outside the country for the entire tax year. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sanmyintmaung said:

I am working in a Bangkok based company with work permit and currently out of country. I am still working remotely and getting salary monthly. HR is still withholding income tax from my salary as if I am in the country. The way I understand is if I make money in Thailand, I will need to pay income tax even if I work remotely from outside the country for the entire tax year. 

But when filing yearly income tax, typically am asked to calculate number of days I stayed in Thailand. And send scanned passport pages of all entry and exit in year. 

Edited by akda

8 minutes ago, akda said:

But when filing yearly income tax, typically am asked to calculate number of days I stayed in Thailand. And send scanned passport pages of all entry and exit in year. 

Employment income is taxed the same for both tax resident and non-residents. 

However, there are some other incomes that are not taxed if you are non-resident. To decide whether you are resident or non-resident, you will have to declare the number of days stayed in Thailand when filling yearly income tax. 

Source.

https://home.kpmg/xx/en/home/insights/2011/12/thailand-income-tax.html

On 7/8/2021 at 5:40 PM, akda said:

Where are you filing?  I've never seen or done that on a Thai tax return.

2 hours ago, YT3k72Em said:

Where are you filing?  I've never seen or done that on a Thai tax return.

My organization handles tax filing as official website is in Thai language.

Edited by akda