Bumrungrad Hospital to start registration for Moderna vaccine today - jabs from November

webfact

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

One of Bangkok's top hospitals - Bumrungrad in Sukhumvit Road Soi 1 - will be accepting registration for a vaccine of choice against Covid-19 from 9 am today, they announced yesterday as reported by Daily News.

This is for Moderna vaccine and is limited to two groups. 

It will be limited to people who have not been vaccinated at all before and those who have had two jabs of Sinovac.

For the latter it is intended as a one jab booster shot to ensure better protection against the so called Delta variant.

Those registering will need to state their "Hospital Number" and fill in all the details. 

The notice was all in Thai and foreigners were not mentioned in the Daily News article.

It was not stated if foreigners could apply or not. 

1pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Dr Athirat Jarukitphaphat said that Moderna vaccines are expected at the hospital between November and the New Year. 

The hospital are already delivering about 300 jabs a day of other vaccine after Mo Prom registration. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright ASEAN NOW 2021-07-09

- Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

can't find anything on their website about this.

if you can post a link. 

edit: now seeing the website is overloaded with a message saying there is a 33 minute wait. i have been watching the site since last night. 

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Like 1

I'm sure foreigners can register, although November seems a long way off.  I registered direct with Bumrungrad back in May, and have an appointment for my vaccination later this month (Astra Zeneca vaccine).  As I have a Thai tax number, it's free.

• Like 1

July.....let's see....August September October....November.

It's much faster and safer for expats to fly home (if one's country is open to come and go), spend a month, get the 2 jabs of Pfizer or Moderna, come back and do 14 days of quarantine, then return to the lives they are currently living. I'm taking my own advice and doing that, as I can get my first jab on the way home from the airport in the US just by stopping at a CVS store. (Of course a lockdown that closes Thailand to all incoming flights, which could well be announced today, might alter that strategy.)

Given the relatively poor effectiveness of the major vaccine currently available in Thailand (Sinovac), and the late dates that supplies of better vaccines are going to hit Thai shores, it seems increasingly clear the PM's "October 1st" re-opening is just empty words meant to either give solace to a population facing increasingly severe economic dislocation, or else just a thinly veiled attempt to gloss over his abject incompetence. Maybe both.

• Like 2

This will not end up good, Im afraid. There will be a 4th and a 5 wave of delta and some other, even worse mutation before 50% in Thailand will get their first jab of Moderna or something similar that is good and strong enough. Maybe better to just open up and let things go on as normal. We will not get rid of this virus anyway.image.png.1794d477ff57ae8275968fa42b1827bf.png

Wow.  What a mess.  I've been on their site since this morning. Finally got in but only received error statements when I clicked on the register for Moderna button.  Now waiting to "chat with agent"

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

why do you say that?

Well, that image says "our supply of the government's COVID19 vaccine."  And there's my call with Bumrungrad yesterday, in which they said the Moderna effort today is first just to collect names of all interested parties, since they don't yet have a Moderna allocation.  Then they will sift through for 1) Those who have HNs, 2) Those who qualify. Then they will contact the remaining folks to ask for payment.

• Like 1

Bumrungrad has been serving as a vaccination point for (mainly Thais) for the government's free vaccines, like AZ and sinovac. No clue how folks registered? They have greeting point in the Building B lobby, then they ferry patients up that out of service express elevator bank. One assumes they'll use the same process for Moderna.

7 minutes ago, Misty said:

they said the Moderna effort today is first just to collect names of all interested parties, since they don't yet have a Moderna allocation.  Then they will sift through for 1) Those who have HNs, 2) Those who qualify. Then they will contact the remaining folks to ask for payment.

This would be good if accurate.

But not sure that it is.

They already have a massive list of existing customers who've expressed an interest, with a simple form sent/returned via email. 

The reply they sent me after I submitted the form:

This is to acknowledge receipt of the information you have provided. Please be informed that we have recorded your contact information in our hospital system and we will let you know once the vaccination service is available at Bumrungrad International Hospital.

Today's effort appears to have been meant to be a "real" registration, requiring payment. But I haven't seen anyone who got through the Cloud Flare Waiting Room. I certainly did not, although I got to 1 minute twice before 10 AM, before being 503'ed.

I tried to login this morning using my account with the Bumrungrad website. The system was overloaded but I finally got in the queue at 8:40. Got down to a 1 min waiting time at 9am before it timed out.

I was also logged into their app using my account but same result after pressing the button for moderna registration. Got down to 2min waiting time before the service became unavailable around 9:40.

There will be another round of registrations at 9am tomorrow. Not sure how many days it's scheduled for. To apply you will need to be registered with Bumrungrad and have a HN number.Screenshot_20210709-100445_Chrome.thumb.jpg.575e58ec77e82434ba7846c381e75c7a.jpg

Screenshot_20210709-105703_Bumrungrad.jpg

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Bumrungrad has been serving as a vaccination point for (mainly Thais) for the government's free vaccines, like AZ and sinovac. No clue how folks registered? They have greeting point in the Building B lobby, then they ferry patients up that out of service express elevator bank. One assumes they'll use the same process for Moderna.

This would be good if accurate.

But not sure that it is.

They already have a massive list of existing customers who've expressed an interest, with a simple form sent/returned via email. 

The reply they sent me after I submitted the form:

This is to acknowledge receipt of the information you have provided. Please be informed that we have recorded your contact information in our hospital system and we will let you know once the vaccination service is available at Bumrungrad International Hospital.

Today's effort appears to have been meant to be a "real" registration, requiring payment. But I haven't seen anyone who got through the Cloud Flare Waiting Room. I certainly did not, although I got to 1 minute twice before 10 AM, before being 503'ed.

Yes, we're in that first set of emailed patients too.  I only heard about today's Moderna effort by Bumrungrad from a friend yesterday. The hospital didn't notify us, and my husband is currently an active patient there who has inquired many times about vaccination.

I've been in a queue since before 9am this morning, got 503'd several times, and eventually got through to a "Microsoft Form" that I was unable to open or fill out.  And now there's the message below saying Moderna is fully booked for today.  Still waiting on an Agent to chat too, but probably will drop off that now.

Three hours online for nothing, and waiting before 9am opening. This does not seem like a good way to do this, Bumrungrad.

image.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Where is/was the Moderna option within the app? I can't see it. I can see my upcoming appointments (non-vaccine related).

It's was on the home page under the heading news. It's still showing on my app. 

Screenshot_20210709-105703_Bumrungrad.thumb.jpg.45aeb7bf8941a66d9f15c7e94b98b827.jpg

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GrahamJ said:

Thank you. 

It would be nice to understand what's going on here; I can't find much information/experience. And I cannot even hack the translation option on FB anymore to read any of the thousand or so posts. I see a brief translation then it reverts to Thai.

Edited by mtls2005

13 minutes ago, wasabi said:

This whole fiasco proves Thailand is still very much a third world country in spite of some nice shopping malls condos and attractive nurses greeting you at their hospitals. That said I have had excellent medical Care in Thailand but the government is determined to keep them a banana Republic.

True, but some of today's fiasco also must be credited directly to Bumrungrad. 

The hospital sent an email to patients in February to see if there was interest. We responded "yes!" The expectation was created that Bumrungrad would email again when there was further news. 

My husband has called periodically to check for updates but was told there were none. 

Apparently Bumrungrad suddenly did a "Facebook Live" event yesterday, and didn't alert their patients this time (or at least not us). We found out about today's registration from a friend, and really tried to use their system.  At no point today did the process attempt to ask for a HN, so my guess is it was flooded with many many people, whether they are patients or not, have been able to be vaccinated already or not, or had previously expressed interest.

Certainly an essence of banana not sniffed previously at Bumrungrad.

28 minutes ago, Misty said:

Apparently Bumrungrad suddenly did a "Facebook Live" event yesterday

You can watch this on their FB page, but don't waste your time.

I just watched their virtual presser from yesterday. Wow, useless.

Thousands of words, nothing of value, they do like the hear themselves speak though.

I will say that having a slide with a picture of someone handing over a pile of cash is, well, a very poor choice, even if it is spot on for Thailand.

(I think that's cash)

bumrush.jpg

Edited by mtls2005
  • Haha 1

Although it is frustrating, I don't see the point on trying to jump on these sign-up programs as soon as they are announced. Between Bangkok, Pattaya, Udon Thani and Chiang Mai, there must be about a dozen hospitals that tried to do some sort of online vaccination registration. The hospitals that did it early on their own initiative have worked well and vaccines have been delivered. However, since the government admitted that their intervac enterprise is dead in the water, their designated hospitals and the the earlier, quietly successful ones have either been swamped, quickly oversubscribed or closed. The demand is simply horrendous but the government is responsible for this disgraceful state of affairs, not the hospitals.

I wonder why no opposition MP has raised the obvious question of why the government continues to drag their feet on vaccine purchases and imports. Every department involved has had their public outing and each and every one points to some other government department as being ultimately responsible for approval, purchase, etc.. Just an endless round of sheepish government mouthpieces with sloping shoulders repeatedly passing the buck.

I pretty much know the reason and I am sure many members do as well but of course, we just can't talk about it can we?

Edited by NanLaew

Yes, unprofessional fiasco by Bumrungrad on this. They also contacted me to sign up for vaccine since I am a regular patient there. They said they would notify me when the vaccine was available. I waiting like a dummy to be contacted…. I screwed up; I trusted Bumrungrad to do what they said they would do.

They never bothered to notify my. I saw the Bangkok Post article that Bumrungrad was booking the vaccine today. So, I played around with the website and got disconnected over and over and then unable to log into the Microsoft box. Wasted 3 hours and super frustrating. 

Samtivej sent me an SMS last week saying that they will send me a link to book how many vaccines I want for me and my family but no link has been sent yet. Bumrungrad should have sent a link to book the vaccine instead of pumping up this wild orgy style website crashing fiasco. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Although it is frustrating, I don't see the point on trying to jump on these sign-up programs as soon as they are announced. Between Bangkok, Pattaya, Udon Thani and Chiang Mai, there must be about a dozen hospitals that tried to do some sort of online vaccination registration. All have either been swamped and quickly oversubscribed and closed. The demand is simply horrendous and the government is responsible for this disgraceful state of affairs, not the hospitals.

I wonder why no opposition MP has raised the obvious question of why they continue to drag their feet on vaccine purchases and imports. I know the reason and I am sure many members do as well but of course, we just can't talk about it can we?

On one hand, I certainly agree.  On the other hand, we have no where else to turn at this point.

There seems to be more Pfizer available globally than there is Moderna.  I do wonder why the system can't be fixed so that private hospitals can order Pfizer.

1 hour ago, GrahamJ said:

Can you get into this My Vaccination Records feature, in the app?

https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/blog-news/new-feature-my-vaccination-records

It was mentioned in the presser as being "very important".

I found it, tap Account (bottom right menu), My Vaccination Records displays line #4 under My Bumrungrad. It lists my two most recent Influenza shots.

The app is quite good, I must say.

Thanks for mentioning this, I didn't know about it until today.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

The way things are going there’s a fair chance that a lot of people will drop off of the list (and their perch) before November, so there’s hope for those who survive until then. ????

1 hour ago, papersource said:

Bumrungrad should have sent a link to book the vaccine instead of pumping up this wild orgy style website crashing fiasco. 

In local "marketing" parlance, a "soft launch", which quickly became a "hard fail".