PM refuses to take salary for 3 months to help anti-COVID-19 efforts

snoop1130

Whatever he does or does not  do is none of our business we are not Thai and guest in the country. so we play it by ear and not get involved . Saying that I'm sure the Thai people love him as much as we do ?????  

15 hours ago, Lingba said:

he's got enough in his swiss bank account not to mention all the money sitting in his wife's and daughters names

He considers the government bank accounts his own. That's why he's been reluctant to buy vaccines. 

• Like 1

Huh? You do not fool any of us for a nanosecond, you scoundrel. To help alleviate their pain? Wow. 360, 000 baht. That should help end their anguish. 

This multi millionaire, a man who few know his true net worth (as much of it is likely hidden overseas) could donate 50 million baht and it would be like most of us buying a Filano scooter. Same applies to Anutin and an unnamed person. 

Yet, do they act? Do they care? Where is the moral authority here? 

Sorry Cha Cha, but if you wanted to convince us you cared one iota, you would have locked down the 2km. radius around the Samut seafood market back in December. And you would have locked down the construction sites, before announcing such an intention, allowing the super spreaders to fan out across the nation. And you would have locked up your immigration guys, who accepted bribes to let infected Burmese cross the border. And your feeble army would have had tens of thousands of soldiers patrolling the border for the past 16 months.

Your cynicism, and lack of capability knows no bounds. We know better.

Get out. Get out now. If you really cared about the nation, you would resign tomorrow. 

• Like 2

Well, considering the 12 billion Baht Covid assistance fund that he set up in May last year, which demanded contributions with menaces from the 12 richest people in Thailand (excluding himself and his boss, of course), I doubt that he'll miss the 400K Baht that he'll forego doing this.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Very noble gesture there by the P M .. no really ..

He's been looking at the trading records of the John Lewis Partnership in the UK! Their boss did the same thing with his annual bonus a few years ago. 

3 months salary to this man is nothing more than a drop in the ocean - he declared a net worth of 128 million baht in 2014, and you can be assured that he is worth an awful lot more now - and that is a "declared" net worth! 

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

Action which quickly gets very large numbers of people vaccinated plus more appropriate distribution of vaccines, stop the games to get commissions etc., plus much more help for families who are on the edge of survival would be impressive.

So we get a big announcement 'I won't give up my salary for 3 months';

to the enormous and frightening numbers of people who are testing positive to the Covid 19 virus every day and the folks who are really struggling to feed their kids this announcement is totally meaningless and insulting.

So we get a big announcement 'I won't give up my salary for 3 months';

????

1 hour ago, PEE TEE said:

Whatever he does or does not  do is none of our business we are not Thai and guest in the country. so we play it by ear and not get involved . Saying that I'm sure the Thai people love him as much as we do ?????  

As a previous poster said a while ago:- "I am not a guest - I was not invited" 

Edited by sambum
  • Thanks 1

Oh, how very magnanimous of him. Meanwhile he will continue to draw his military salary or pension no doubt. 360,000 ....Pathetic, a drop in the ocean to him and his cronies. How about donating the interest from the millions stashed away in Singapore and other countries.........after all, it was stolen from the average Thai in the first place.

Still Free housing at a luxurious military estate.

He doesn't have any expenses.  But thats the case for most leaders though.

He's still making a mint on useless Chinese vaccine purchases.

43 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

120 million baht in 2019, that is the figure listed as his wealth in Wikipedia. It can be safely assumed, that it is like an iceberg ....... not as cold though. 

What a farce and I am looking forward already for when he is kicked out of office with tears in this eyes whining over his gratitude for even not collecting a salary during three months. 

Honestly, who does this impress? Too many clowns and far too few circuses! 

Seems to me he's doing this because he is so lost and incapable with the situation that this is the only thing he can dream up.  

• Like 2

It only highlights everything we already knew.

Money is the sole catalyst of everything that happens in Thailand.

You note no empathy in his announcement for the suffering and wellbeing of the Thai people so devastated by this pandemic. 

Would a better announcement not have been I and my health minister will resign immediately and allow adults to oversea the country and the shambles of a COVID vaccine program we have created and mismanaged,  

• Like 1