Covid-19 situation "out of control" says Kasikorn - point to vax rollout mess, less household income

webfact

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It varies from day to day. From what I have been reading, a massive number of international investors consider Thailand a very unsafe and unwise place to have their money invested right now, and are pulling out in droves. Plus exports are way down. 

Can't blame them. The sluggard leadership does not inspire much confidence. 

Actually exports are way up this year from where they were last year although still considerably behind what they were in 2021. That's because of tourism. But the rest of the export economy is doing ok.

https://tradingeconomics.com/thailand/exports

Not a single one of my wife's friends or relatives are earning anything on a daily basis, some have been without an income for over 3 weeks. These are ordinary honest hard working people attempting to put food on the table.

They are simply being pushed to one side, no help or empathy from the goons in charge, oh sorry I forgot our leader is forgoing 3 months wages! That's going to make a world of difference?  

I know what would make a difference.....

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ukrules said:

Ye, he is, although SCB is also a public company as well and as with any public company a simple google search will show you a list of the major shareholders. There are no secrets around this.

If no secret then let us know. All I saw on the Google were some former Shinn clan gov ministers.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pegman said:

If no secret then let us know. All I saw on the Google were some former Shinn clan gov ministers.

I don't know what you were looking at, here's the list of Kasikorns largest shareholders, none of them are people.

image.png.7caa09b85b6cb3c5d9149176c19f5e44.png

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I don't know what you were looking at, here's the list of Kasikorns largest shareholders, none of them are people.

image.png.7caa09b85b6cb3c5d9149176c19f5e44.png

I'm not claiming any knowledge of who the major shareholder is. But it is typical for shell companies to be created to hide the name of the person who actually owns the stock.

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

I think that this is what will force Thailand eventually to open fully without the hoops. Nobody having any money to pay tax!

indeed this is how it goes ! that is happaned also in the UK and US and BRAZIL  and MEXICO.

It is simply impossible to keep everything closed just to avoid infections.

so you control the virus but destroy many peoples lives. Thai government will

realise it aventually.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, John Drake said:

Is it my imagination or have most of the people at the top of the food chain suddenly gone to ground? A lot of official silence, it seems.

We're going to get to see REAL Thai culture play out. In the coming national crisis, the "bigger", more important people in Thai society will be saved first. There is no equity in Thai culture. Pooyai first, rest of Thai 2nd, foreigners last. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

indeed this is how it goes ! that is happaned also in the UK and US and BRAZIL  and MEXICO.

It is simply impossible to keep everything closed just to avoid infections.

so you control the virus but destroy many peoples lives. Thai government will

realise it aventually.

There are other successful situations.

The UK is still a big mess.

The US? 605,000 deaths and some shops open, hardly a good result.

9 hours ago, placeholder said:

Actually exports are way up this year from where they were last year although still considerably behind what they were in 2021. That's because of tourism. But the rest of the export economy is doing ok.

https://tradingeconomics.com/thailand/exports

That report has been proven to be totally fictitious. Many sources are saying due to low worldwide demand, the bloated baht and reduced staff, exports are down dramatically. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, scorecard said:

The US? 605,000 deaths and some shops open, hardly a good result.

U.S. population is 5 times bigger than thailand. so it is like having 120000 deaths in thailand.

question now, how did thailand made it so safe, when its health system is much

worse than the U.S.? and when the pandemic started in china?

the answer is one of the too: 1. thai numbers lie 2. u.s. numbers lie

• Thanks 1