Establish Car 4 Rent Service.

I would like to check the option to establish/Add a service "rent car" for my business (which I have a work-permit already).

Few important questions:

1) Is it in the prohibition for foreigner to do this kind of service (though..I have seen many foreigners shops in pattaya that do make it...but I dont know if its legaly).

2)Is there somewhere on the net OR from law firms "ready contract" for this kind of business (of course with some changes that match for my prices and rules that I will make).

3)How much is the different between "first class insurance" for a regullar car to a "car 4 rent" car?

4)Risks : Legaly : if there is an illegal material found in one of the rent-cars who takes the Responsibility?the car owner (me) or the car renter?

I know..a tricky question but important question in "amazing thailand".

Thank you in advance will appreciate any kind of answer and advice.

I know of at least two expats operating car hire firms in Thailand, one is a member here on TV, so it seems it is doable.

If you already have a business that you want to tack on a new car hire business, then I believe it boils down to what you listed your original business activities as.

If you included Car Hire as one of your business activities then I believe it is a straight forward set up, if not you may need to ammend your business activities or set up a different business.

All I am sure of is that it is normal practice to list as many businesses as you might take part in during your initial set up.

Talk to Sunbelt.

From my experience, private people do not often have real rental insurance, merely the standard private first class insurance. Therefore, you would not be covered in a crash or for loss unless you pretended to be their friend and they had any driver cover.

From the professional sector, the quoted figures on all terms of rental vary enormously. I currently have a rental from Q-Cars in Jomtien which I thought was very good value. Other companies I contacted were no match.

As for insurance, my new Isuzu costs around Bt19,000 per annum. Factor in a little more (perhaps 25%) for rental insurance.