Sinovac vaccine barely effective against Alpha or Delta COVID-19 variants

webfact

21 minutes ago, connda said:

I wonder when Sinovac corporation files defamation charges against those saying this?

12 minutes ago, misterjames said:

I also wonder if certain posters get paid for pro Sinovac posts on here?

Where you referring to me perhaps?

If so, yes I absolutely do.  I make a massive amount of THB promoting Sinovac for the CCCP.  Xi Jinping send me a personal check each month.  I'd admit it.

How about you?  Getting paid to troll?  Who's your Daddy?
If I'm your target don't do it again.  Thanks.  Be civil.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Hopefully not getting banned for using capitals, but....

STOP BUYING IT, IT DOES NOT WORK ! 

Of course it works. Not as well as other vaccines, but still much much better than no vaccine. It reduces both the chance of the disease and more so the chance of severe illness.

I lack time to read all the posts here, but has it occurred to any of us that if Sinovac is deadly ineffective here, and in Indonesia, what undisclosed damage is it doing, or will soon unleash, to the BILLIONS of supposedly vaccinated in China?

Our baan has a retired Chinese couple who went home in January 2020 for the Lunar New Year. Their house and car have sat abandoned since.

If they can't get back, I'm not holding out hope for the seafood buffet cavalry to ride into anyones optimistic sandbox anytime soon.

• Like 1

Posts reported and removed.   If you are going to make a claim and cite statistics then support it with a link.   Telling people to search the internet is not going to work.

Keep it civil.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

The government has dropped the ball by buying these cheap, inefficient Chinese vaccines.

It's time to stop saving money and to start saving lives!

And then deliver a groveling apology to it's citizens.

No need for fake apologies, they can just get out of parliament house, and pile into the express van heading for the Bangkok Hilton. Sedition and illegal coup circa 2014 seems like a suitable charge, just as an appetizer.

15 hours ago, Catoni said:

First the Chinese Communist Party gives us Covid-19 with their “Gain of Function” experiments……

…..and then the Chinese Communist Party gives us “Sinovac” and “Sinopharm”. 

Glad I got my two shots of Pfizer-BioNTech. 

And between that they are selling a lot of face masks! What a fantastic business idea!

19 hours ago, gearbox said:

There was another study with different results:

https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG210518132746992

I don't really have much faith in these Thai studies. They seem to be all over the place and produce contradictory results.

The previous study was in regards to the original strain. This new study is for the variants. ALL vaccines are less effective against the variants because they did not exist when they were originally tested.

17 hours ago, Joeb said:

Have a brother in law in Samut Prakan who went into the hospital a couple of days ago with Covid after having 2 Sinovac injections. The stuff doesn't work and continuing its use will put lives at risk because people will think the cannot catch Covid and ignore any safety protocols.

No vaccine is 100% effective. Just taking any vaccine doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be taking any precautions. Let’s hope that it does it’s job and makes the symptoms milder and he recovers faster.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chalawaan said:

I lack time to read all the posts here, but has it occurred to any of us that if Sinovac is deadly ineffective here, and in Indonesia, what undisclosed damage is it doing, or will soon unleash, to the BILLIONS of supposedly vaccinated in China?

Explainer: Are Chinese COVID-19 shots effective against the Delta variant?

Below are views from China's health experts about the effectiveness of home-grown vaccines against the Delta, which is becoming the globally dominant variant, and virus preventive measures China is taking.

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/are-chinese-covid-19-shots-effective-against-delta-variant-2021-06-29/

Edited by jerrymahoney

On 7/12/2021 at 8:01 AM, phills2k1 said:

Sorry to keep asking, but has the local production ramped up at all yet?  I know they paused the jabs until the end of June, but have they been anywhere close to capacity?

I wish there was a resource whereby this could be determined.... but information and news is controlled here. If there is something positive, there is often a chance of a News release. 

20 hours ago, Joeb said:

Have a brother in law in Samut Prakan who went into the hospital a couple of days ago with Covid after having 2 Sinovac injections. The stuff doesn't work and continuing its use will put lives at risk because people will think the cannot catch Covid and ignore any safety protocols.

Two points:   1. There is approximately a two week window between the shot, and having your immunity build up. During that half month period, you can still get pretty well a full blown Covid infection. It’s the same with vaccines for other diseases.  That’s why you hear people saying they got the Flu vaccine but still got the Flu. Or they even claim the Flu vaccine GAVE them the Flu.
2.  Some vaccines are more effective than others, but no vaccine is perfect.   However if you still do get the infection, it should be a much milder case than you would have had otherwise. 

Edited by Catoni
Correction

2 minutes ago, Catoni said:

Two points:   1. There is approximately a two week window between the shot, and having your immunity build up. During that half month period, you can still get pretty well a full blown Covid infection. It’s the same with vaccines for other diseases.  That’s why you hear people saying they got the Flu vaccine but still got the Flu. Or they even claim the Flu vaccine GAVE them the Flu.
2.  Some vaccines are more effective than others, but no vaccine is perfect.   However if you still do get the infection, it should be a much milder case than you would have had otherwise. 

Actually, flu vaccines effectiveness depends on whether authorities chose the right mix of viruses for that season. Even then, flu vaccines effectiveness ranges from 40 -60%. They still do tend to reduce the severity of symptoms at a higher percentage though.