Search continues for naked man missing in Doi Suthep forest

webfact

8pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported that Doi Suthep - Pui national park rescue and many other foundations in Chiang Mai were mobilized in the search for a missing fourth year student at a well known university. 

The drama happened when the fourth year student suddenly ditched his clothes while out on a nighttime nature trail in the Saphan Khao area. 

A friend old the media that Kowit, 22, (surname withheld) said that two or three people had been looking at him and secretly filming him as they follolowed a stream. He ditched his clothes and ran off into the forest, supposedly after them. 

The friend chased him but lost him and then called the authorities. 

They didn't think he'd get far after he disappeared at 10 pm on Sunday night especially as he had no clothes and it was raining.

But despite using a drone with heat seeking technology in the area of Wat Doi Suthep they had failed to locate him at all by 4 pm yesterday afternoon.

This prompted Kowit's mother to go to the area and light jossticks to appeal to the local spirits of the land to help in the search for her missing son. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright ASEAN NOW 2021-07-13

- Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

18 minutes ago, webfact said:

The drama happened when the fourth year student suddenly ditched his clothes while out on a nighttime nature trail in the Saphan Khao area. 

Thought Doi Suthep was closed to hikers until September 1st?

Although Saphan Khao is on the Lampang border and nowhere near Doi Suthep.

Edited by BritManToo

4 hours ago, webfact said:

You'd think he'd stand-out from the rest and be easily found?

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Thought Doi Suthep was closed to hikers until September 1st?

Although Saphan Khao is on the Lampang border and nowhere near Doi Suthep.

Must be a different Saphan Khao.  The one on the Lamphun-Lampang border is out in my neck of the rural ricefields. 
The Doi Suthep - Pui National Park is definitely not in our area.  The Doi Khuntan National Park surround where we live.  Must be a different White Bridge somewhere in Doi Suthep - Pui National Park.  And I don't think we have the type of alluring Maemot Faeries in the Doi Khuntan forests that cause unsuspecting males to become overstimulated and strip off their clothes and go running after the succubi.  Of course, maybe I don't know what I'm missing. More likely scenario would be to strip off my cloths and go running over the greens and fairways on a full-moon night chasing one of the sexy golf caddies working at the local courses.  Like faeries, that's just old guy fantasy of course.  The local Mae Krua Baan makes sure my carnal fantasies are taken care of at home lest I be tempted to wander.

• Like 1

It sounds like a crazy story reading the translation from the thai news. Hiking in the pitch black dark on Doi Suthep, who does that? Who does it naked?!?

The white bridge is about 1km from the Zoo and just after the waterfall. About 20 years ago i was cycling up Doi Suthep and stopped on the bridge to drink some water. This was the afternoon. There were a few Dreams and Waves parked up and young men appearing and disappearing under the bridge and around. They were all clearly gay. I got the impression this was a gay meeting spot. Under the bridge out of sight, the paths following the stream, hidden from the road. That was my guess i didn't go down to investigate and ask questions.  I have cycled up Doi Suthep many times since and its not unusual to see motorbikes parked up near the bridge.

If you read the story again assuming this is a gay pickup place. Two young men under the bridge one of them naked, three other men videoing, watching, it makes more sense. Why the guy ran off (if that is what actually happened) and was found dead needs to be seriously investigated by the Police.