Buying a new car

39 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Most new car sales come with one year "complimentary insurance", this must be renewed every year, when the time comes, shop around and don't go without 1st class insurance because you will still owe money on the car and if it is ridden off in an accident or stolen they they will pay out the bank.

With regards to warranty, you must keep taking it to them during the 3 years, in other words, if you don't, you will lose the warranty, so for the sake of a few thousand baht each time it's best to keep taking it to them until the 3 years is up, I mean if you change the oil yourself to save a few thousand baht, and blow a gearbox or motor for arguments sake, you will have to pay for it as your warranty will be null and void, take it as extra insurance so to speak.

Enjoy the car in the meantime.

ohh sure i will use the warranty at its best ???? im aware of that. thanks again

Although all comments here are really useful, i still cant see the real answer im looking for. Bank will ask some money in cash OR its really as the bank lady told me, no need anything and same as thai person... 

well it seems we will see in 2 week time...

6 hours ago, RAZZELL said:

Can a foreigner get a "loan" without a WP?

If they put down say 25% and have a Thai guarantor? (The Mrs?)

RAZZ

Yes. No Gov't job required. No Mrs. required to have a Gov't job

Percentage down payment will be up to the bank.

Ours thru Krungsri

• Like 1

1 hour ago, problemfarang said:

Although all comments here are really useful, i still cant see the real answer im looking for. Bank will ask some money in cash OR its really as the bank lady told me, no need anything and same as thai person... 

well it seems we will see in 2 week time...

Why would you believe anonymous posters on a public internet forum - proven wrong countless times - over the word of the bank who is loaning you the $$$ ?

9 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Why would you believe anonymous posters on a public internet forum - proven wrong countless times - over the word of the bank who is loaning you the $$$ ?

With all the respect thailand and people.. you really cannot trust what they say or promise to you. Like my case.. the lady from the bank who did my papers told me there wont be any problem if i take it on my name.. i asked her 3 times of i have to pay anything to the bank for the loan or not.. she confidently told me no need. I called her every day and asked the same question.. 3rd day she told me she will send my paper work to the bank HQ. Now.. this means all the things that lady from the bank who did all my paper work said will change. Why, because all paper work will go to HQ. That means other people and other opinions. Like i said with all respect this is thailand. All my 14

Year experience in thailand thought me that the situation i wrote you means all the things she told me is nothing. Thats why i just cannot trust her. 

So thats why im asking to forum. And.. tbh 80% whatever they replied is... correct

• Like 1

9 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Yes. No Gov't job required. No Mrs. required to have a Gov't job

Percentage down payment will be up to the bank.

Ours thru Krungsri

I really dont think any foreigner can get any loan from the bank. I tried a year ago just by myself. They told me its not possible at all. And yes i tried all banks. 

Now for the car loan, foreigner can get it, its clear. Whats not clear is something like my case. Which is we have to pay something to the bank because we are farang or no need to pay as the bank lady told me. I can answer this in 2 week time. 

House loan... thats also impossible. 

How it can be possible. You can only co-sign with your thai wife. Thats how i bought my new home. They told me if i wqnt my name on the house book i must pay half of the house in cash. Then i can have only 49% of the house. Rest belongs to my wife. 

Car can be fully on my name if i can provide them with my work address. 

16 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

UPDATE:

bank called us and said i must pay 20% if want on my name. 

So its confirmed now that farang can get car loan but must pay 20%

I consider that a victory...  Lower than my 25% I was required to pay by both Tisco and Kasikorn banks for my cars.

For what it's worth, I got both loans, as a farang not employed in Gov't (but in BOI zone), and not married to a Thai, but co-signed by a Thai who has a very good job at a large company, but not the Gov't.

Lesson I guess is it is 'Up to dem'...  no set rules  ????

Sort of like immigration offices here....
Ahhhh Thailand.

Anyone who has been in LOS more than 15 minutes should know that all banks, all DLT, all EVERYWHERE is not the same.

Check around, up Ahs and go look. Leave the keyboard to the warriors posting garbage.

You MUST have a cosigner, you MUST have a cosigner with a Gov't job, you MUST put down 25% !!!

Edited by canthai55

13 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Anyone who has been in LOS more than 15 minutes should know that all banks, all DLT, all EVERYWHERE is not the same.

Check around, up Ahs and go look. Leave the keyboard to the warriors posting garbage.

You MUST have a cosigner, you MUST have a cosigner with a Gov't job, you MUST put down 25% !!!

This is very true...  If you look at it from a business perspective, those of us hearing "MUST have 25% down minimum, Gov't employee etc." has got to be for a reason:

The banks are not selling cars, they are selling a loan.  It is in their interest to collect as much up-front as possible.  So, of course the loan salespeople are going to say "25% is the minimum for farang, must pay us 25%."   I would do the same if I were them.  Make the falang (and Thai co-signing) believe that is the only way, so you don't go shopping for other loans.

Very good that OP has been able to do it for 10% down and 0% for 7 years.  That is amazing, and I admit that I'm little jaded and jealous.  I'd have my new EV, a lot more money in my pocket NOW, and pocketing even more each month from my car stipend if I had gotten those figures.  ????    My girlfriend is no dummy, and even she was duped into thinking this 25% is the RULE, by 2 banks!

Anyways, OP, absolute best of luck, hope your passport issue works out and please update us when the deal is done.  Personally, I never bought a brand-new car in my life before coming to Thailand, and it is a very nice experience, I hope you get to enjoy this also!

41 minutes ago, n8sail said:

This is very true...  If you look at it from a business perspective, those of us hearing "MUST have 25% down minimum, Gov't employee etc." has got to be for a reason:

The banks are not selling cars, they are selling a loan.  It is in their interest to collect as much up-front as possible.  So, of course the loan salespeople are going to say "25% is the minimum for farang, must pay us 25%."   I would do the same if I were them.  Make the falang (and Thai co-signing) believe that is the only way, so you don't go shopping for other loans.

Very good that OP has been able to do it for 10% down and 0% for 7 years.  That is amazing, and I admit that I'm little jaded and jealous.  I'd have my new EV, a lot more money in my pocket NOW, and pocketing even more each month from my car stipend if I had gotten those figures.  ????    My girlfriend is no dummy, and even she was duped into thinking this 25% is the RULE, by 2 banks!

Anyways, OP, absolute best of luck, hope your passport issue works out and please update us when the deal is done.  Personally, I never bought a brand-new car in my life before coming to Thailand, and it is a very nice experience, I hope you get to enjoy this also!

thank you. 

Mazda arranged a meeting with the bank on this sunday (18 Jul) Krungsri also called me and prepare my 6 month bank statement, last 3 month salary slips, real passport, and a letter mentioning my salary and position from my employer. thats all. And she told me they can do the process and when ready can see my real passport when they are ready to put the money in my bank account. 

Thanks again for your kind words. But again i will not get excited till im holding the keys. Even though this time it seems everything ok, you know... this is thailand.

I will update after sunday bank meeting again..