True TV Deactivation

stament

Just wondering what happens if you still retain the free national channels if you deactivate your true tv service.  I mean will all services stop being transmitted or do they just deactivate your "card" so you can still watch the free terrestrial channels such as Ch7, etc.   Asking for my wife's benefit LOL not mine!

On 7/13/2021 at 7:47 PM, stament said:

do they just deactivate your "card" so you can still watch the free terrestrial channels such as Ch7, etc. 

Not sure at all if they would leave the "free" channels   because I think everything "True" is encrypted  so a card is needed.

There might be a possibility to retune to get some channels but you run into locked

firmware ( locked frequencies and symbol rate) and no ability to decode BIS encryption that the other providers use.

https://www.lyngsat.com/Thaicom-5-6-8.html

However you could just buy a cheap IPM,PSI or GMM  Satellite receiver  from about 600 baht and use the True dish and LNB  to watch the "free" channels and some more   no need for a subscription  one off payment.

Another possibility would be to use a good old fashioned TV aerial to receive Digital Terrestrial TV   most newer Tv's already have a digital receiver built in  but again you can get an add on set top box  suitable for any TV  for about 600 baht

use this website to check where your local transmitter is  direction to point the aerial and frequencies to tune to.

https://dtvservicearea.nbtc.go.th/webpeople/

• Thanks 1

Seems we need to return all the equipment anyway.  It works differently in the UK where at the end of your contract you keep the kit, mainly because it's outdated by then anyway!  

I signed up with 3BB with the tv option that should keep my wife happy ????

Thanks for the replies all

• Like 1

23 hours ago, stament said:

Seems we need to return all the equipment anyway.  It works differently in the UK where at the end of your contract you keep the kit, mainly because it's outdated by then anyway!  

I signed up with 3BB with the tv option that should keep my wife happy ????

Thanks for the replies all

Not sure what they are going to do with my 5 year old kit......????