Koh Larn and beaches open for now, local business operators say contrary to rumors online Bangkok residents have not fled en masse to Pattaya

webfact

tpn1.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Koh Larn, Pattaya – Strict Covid-19 restrictions in maximum control zones have affected Koh Larn and Pattaya as domestic tourists have paused their travelling and booking, according to local officials and business operators.

First, if you are not aware of the restrictions in Bangkok and several other provinces, read this article first.

Mr. Tanakorn Sukkee, deputy head of the Koh Larn restaurant operator association told The Pattaya News, “We had many domestic tourists since the reopening for tourism on Koh Larn on June 14th. ( Click here to read about Koh Larn opening in June after weeks of closures) However, after the new Covid-19 restrictions were announced in many provinces, including Bangkok, most tourists have canceled and postponed their rooms at hotels and resorts on the island. Booking at local hotels is down to almost zero.”

“Koh Larn is now well over 70% vaccinated against Covid-19 and one of the most vaccinated places in all of Chonburi (Along with Koh Si Chang.) We are continuing to test people on Koh Larn for Covid -19, vaccinate those still in need, and practice all Covid-19 measurements and hygiene measures. Koh Larn is very safe.” Tanakorn added.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/13/koh-larn-and-beaches-open-for-now-local-business-operators-say-contrary-to-rumors-online-bangkok-residents-have-not-fled-en-masse-to-pattaya/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tony M said:

So, are there any vaccination tours to Koh Larn ?   70%  vaccinated already ?   Surely some local entrepreneur can set up some day trips to Koh Larn with vaccination included for local residents ?

Because there are no vaccines available in Pattaya.

We can't even register

40 minutes ago, fulhamster said:

Because there are no vaccines available in Pattaya.

We can't even register

I am well aware of that. But if you read the article, Koh Larn have already vaccinated over 70% of the people who live there AND can "still vaccinate those in need". That would imply that they have vaccine ?  How did they manage to vaccinate those people if there is no vaccine, and how can they vaccinate those in need if there is no vaccine ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tony M said:

So, are there any vaccination tours to Koh Larn ?   70%  vaccinated already ?   Surely some local entrepreneur can set up some day trips to Koh Larn with vaccination included for local residents ?

Myself and some other friends sailed up to Koh Sichang 2 weekends ago, and I found a resort that is doing exactly that!

Free vaccination with a weekend stay.  I believe it was Asstracrapica as well.

This resort:   https://goo.gl/maps/kfMnUEK2zdHKckyMA

Edit:   Found the business card they gave me.  Appears to be run by a local woman who is both a Dentist AND a Real Estate Professional.   Now THAT"S what you call entrepreneurialism!

image.png.bc82e4e1b213b199e1edc2fcf4eee56d.png

Edited by n8sail

3 hours ago, n8sail said:

Myself and some other friends sailed up to Koh Sichang 2 weekends ago, and I found a resort that is doing exactly that!

Free vaccination with a weekend stay.  I believe it was Asstracrapica as well.

This resort:   https://goo.gl/maps/kfMnUEK2zdHKckyMA

Edit:   Found the business card they gave me.  Appears to be run by a local woman who is both a Dentist AND a Real Estate Professional.   Now THAT"S what you call entrepreneurialism!

image.png.bc82e4e1b213b199e1edc2fcf4eee56d.png

Who administered the jab? DIY?

3 minutes ago, champers said:

Who administered the jab? DIY?

Probably the Dentist?   Given the business card and state of the resort, DIY might be the way though?  ????

I'm pretty sure they were saying there's a local Doc.  It was all a bit confusing, as I just rode a rented motocy over to see what the view was like (very nice!) as it is a pretty expensive resort, or was, in the past.  Then all of a sudden the guy at the front desk starts going on about COVID shots etc.   I can speak Thai quite well, and understand about 50% if I have context.  The conversation DEFINITELY didn't have context though, so I missed quite a bit of it before I figured out what he was talking about.

If anyone is interested, go ahead and have Thai wifey or girlfriendy give them a call.  It did seem legit, weird as the experience was.   I'm not too interested in $hit vaccines and will likely fly back to the USA to get me jab later this summer.

The only interest I have in Koh Larn is as a 100% vaccinated petri dish.  Let's see where the promised 'herd-immunity' ends up. 
If no one on the island gets ill - hell, I'm onboard and I'll promote total vaccination.
If cases start showing up in the Koh Larn public?  All bets are off.

Edited by connda