Obese Thai/Japanese woman talks of abuse, mockery and robbery on streets of Pattaya

webfact

8pmx.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A Sanook reporter visiting Pattaya police station in the course of their duties said they came across a pitiful case of a morbidly obese woman in a motorcycle car park between the station and Central. 

It was a woman called Mayuki, aged 38, who said that she had a Japanese father and Thai mother.

She weighed 200 kilos and had what appeared to be elephantitis with leg sores filled with blood and pus. 

She said her parents were working and they'd be along to help soon. 

Meanwhile she said she was there to highlight to the media what had been happening to her on the mean streets of Pattaya. 

She said she had been subjected to public mockery, she had been robbed and called a hobo. 

Some had tried to get her to see a doctor, others had called for her to be arrested for vagrancy. 

She said she was waiting for work. Previously she had lived in Pattaya for 15 years working for a container company.

She wanted to get in the news because of her plight. 

The reporter asked her about whether she was worried about Covid because she was obviously unwell and not wearing a mask.

She said no, she'd already got one dose of vaccine at Bang Lamung hospital. The reporter got her a mask and she dutifully put it on. 

A nearby motorcycle taxi rider said the authorities had tried to get her help but she had refused. 

Instead she waited around in the area for money and was given quite a lot. If she was given food she subsequently secretly threw it away, the rider claimed.

Sanook called for the authorities to urgently address the woman's plight by helping her. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright ASEAN NOW 2021-07-14

- Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5

"She said she was waiting for work. Previously she had lived in Pattaya for 15 years "

the virus panic has reduced her options for work in Pattaya.... apparently there are a lot of "plus-size" "models" working online these days.....

Some people you can help, other's wont except it, it's a pity as

she really needs help.

"A nearby motorcycle taxi rider said the authorities had tried to get her help but she had refused. "

"she was given food she subsequently secretly threw it away, the rider claimed."

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

Remanisent of this German guy who begged in Pattaya around 2014:

The media in Thailand still calls him "The most hated German in Thailand". Benjamin Holst is currently begging for a living in the Canary Islands, and vows never to return to Asia. "The media never left me alone", he tells Thailands Tidende.

holst.jpg

5_201492283334179_MkZpeIqdtsFOwPZAgKrKrimRxkbarflkdqPctWQK_jpeg.jpeg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ukrules said:

I thought elephantitis was banned?

If only the banned COVID all would be well.

Well one school head in Chiang Mai told some parents there was no Covid 19 in schools in Thailand because the gov't issued an order that it's not allowed to enter schools.

• Haha 1

This lady often sleeps ( sitting up ) at the bottom of soi seven and eight along Beach Road and also near the police station. I see her daily on my walks between 4 am and 6 am along Beach Road and it is very sad that the local authorities have not assisted her with housing as she has been in this predicament for quite awhile. Hope someone helps????????????????????????

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jack7106 said:

This lady often sleeps ( sitting up ) at the bottom of soi seven and eight along Beach Road and also near the police station. I see her daily on my walks between 4 am and 6 am along Beach Road and it is very sad that the local authorities have not assisted her with housing as she has been in this predicament for quite awhile. Hope someone helps????????????????????????

Yes I saw her around there a while ago. Brings you down to earth.

• Thanks 1