Finnair to U.K. Covid fit to fly certificate

IGCKorat

I'd really appreciate any comments on Finnair's service to UK from anyone who has used it recently.  In particular what type of negative test certificate was required and where you obtained it.  I'm in Korat and it dosent look like I'll be able to obtain one here, which means traveling to Bangkok and staying there, which isn't ideal.  

The connecting time between flight is only 1 hour 20 minutes, so please let me know how punctual your arrival was.  

For anyone interested,  Finnair are offering 1 way business class (to Edinburgh) for £820. Possibly less for English destinations.

Many thanks

I flew Finnair last weekend from BKK-EDI on a great priced Business Class return.  I got a PCR test as they were easily available where I was, although antigen etc tests should be accepted.  Ask at Bangkok Hospital Ratchasima for testing as they were on an old list I saw, otherwise Bangkok is a safe bet.  Check-in staff scrutinised all my documents extensively.

The incoming flight stays for over 24 hours on the ground in BKK so shouldn't be the cause of any delays, and HEL is quiet like most other airports nowadays so no delays on arrival.  We landed over 20 minutes early.  You can see all recent arrivals here:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ay142

1 hour 20 minutes transit time is more than enough with both incoming and departing flights being in the non-Schengen area of the airport.

13 hours ago, treetops said:

1 hour 20 minutes transit time is more than enough with both incoming and departing flights being in the non-Schengen area of the airport.

Normaly always is but everybody need to notice when fly in Helsinki, airport chance now all the time ! There is huge renovation going on. But i think you can manage in that time frame. Finnair normaly inform you already in plane where cate for conection flights be located . Have safe trip.

13 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Finnair normaly inform you already in plane where cate for conection flights be located

The gate for the next flight appears on the IFE a while before landing.  For EDI last weekend it was a bus gate (51D) which did not appear on the terminal layout map on the screen, but there is another map on the back of the boarding pass which shows it.  It was also clearly labelled in the terminal.