Herd Immunity

Kopitiam

On 7/14/2021 at 4:34 PM, BE88 said:

Your statement is not correct, the director of a hospital confirmed that the hospitalized are 50% 50% of the vaccinated and unvaccinated. This information is kept secret and undisclosed.

Would be interesting to know the 50% with what vaccine they got vaccinated and if fully vaccinated ? 

If in Phuket than a large portion got either two shots Sinovac or 1 shot Astra and that makes them still at risk of Hospitalisation ...

29 minutes ago, Marco100 said:

Would be interesting to know the 50% with what vaccine they got vaccinated and if fully vaccinated ? 

If in Phuket than a large portion got either two shots Sinovac or 1 shot Astra and that makes them still at risk of Hospitalisation ...

But you do not read the international information by now and it is admitted all over the world by the various governments that even the vaccinated must be brought because they became contagious to the latest variant, the vaccines is usefulness.

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, BE88 said:

But you do not read the international information by now and it is admitted all over the world by the various governments that even the vaccinated must be brought because they became contagious to the latest variant, the vaccines is usefulness.

The AZ vaccine is effective against hospitalization for the Delta variant, even with only one jab.

https://www.businessinsider.com/covid-vaccine-one-shot-effectiveness-pfizer-moderna-astrazeneca-vaccines-dose-2021-3

• Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 2:26 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Thus - Pre-Delta Variant figures for the purposes of discussing efficacy:

Sinovac at 50% will protect 50% of people exposed to SARS-CoV-2 from contracting and testing positive for Covid-19. 

Pfizer at 76% will protect 76% of people exposed to SARS-CoV-2 from contracting and test positive for Covid-19.

Efficacy is a comparison of occurrence of a sentinel event (after a pre-determined number of those events, the groups will be "unmasked") in the control group versus the placebo group in the trial. Most of the trials had symptomatic disease as the sentinel event.

If you look at the numbers in a trial you will see that the 76% means that after the number of sentinel events have been recorded, and the groups unmasked, that the there were 24% as many events (usually symptomatic disease) in the vaccine group as in the vaccinated group (so 24 in the vax group and 100 in the placebo group)..

So 50% would meant half as many symptomatic cases in the vaccine group (so 50 in the vax group for every 100 in the placebo group), so 50% cuts your risk in half.

Your risk was never 100% so reducing by half doesn't make your risk 50%.

The vaccine makers want to have their trials in a place where there are a lot of people with disease because they can get to the needed number of sentinel events rapidly.

I hear this repeated fairly often "people exposed to" the virus, that doesn't actually enter in to the testing.

There is the idea of a "challenge trial" out there where vaccinated subjects are intentionally exposed to the virus but I don't know of any such trials taking place.

But at this point we have millions of people vaccinated with every vaccine (or most vaccines), doesn't seem like the trials are very significant anymore.

The "real world" observations (misleading cuz the trials are real world) seem to be more significant at this time.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 1:21 AM, asiam110 said:

Secret and undisclosed, que xfiles music and somehow you remain the lucky recipient of such precious information through the the friend of your wife's friend who works with a friend that works on the ward etc.. ready to be repeated on a barstool with the tagline 'if i told you what I did Id have to kill you'.

I see that behind your terrorist keyboard many agree with what you say you are all willing to discover the hidden truth, but you certainly don't care if people lose their jobs and their lives to tell the truth.

On 8/8/2021 at 6:21 PM, stuandjulie said:

Secret and undisclosed except to you of course ????

I see that behind your terrorist keyboard many agree with what you say you are all willing to discover the hidden truth, but you certainly don't care if people lose their jobs and their lives to tell the truth.

Herd immunity may no longer be possible in any case.  In Michigan 50% of the wild deer now test positive for Covid.  Since we aren't going to be vaccinating the deer nor the squirrels, bats, possum, raccoons, etc. a permanent animal reservoir outside of China now appears to have been established.  If so, then herd immunity will never be achieved.

I was told by my doctor that saying the vaccine is 95% effective means you have a 5% chance of getting sick is WRONG. It means you have a 5% chance of getting infected compared to an unvaccinated individual and since not every unvaccinated person gets sick your level of protection is much higher. Don't beleive my doctor? the following is taken form the What does "95% efficacy" mean? - iMEdD Lab website , MANY other sites state the same

Pfizer/BioNTech’s vaccine was reported as being 95% effective. This number is not your chance of staying Covid-free after vaccination: rather, it estimates how much your chance rises relative to not being vaccinated. With the vaccine, your chance of staying Covid-free is in fact 99.96%.

• Like 2