Thai Cabinet approves Space Affairs Act, promoting “New Space Economy” and space exploration in Thailand

snoop1130

Higher education, Innovation minister they give themselves nice titles.

Well what can you say WOW.

Please feel free to ad

# Prayut is looking for another Sandbox.

# Prayut thinks he has done such an amazing job running the Country into the ground looking for somewhere to hide.

# lm sure the Thai people will be excited by the news that billions will be wasted on another ridiculous scheme(scam).

# Prayut blames Covid for stopping the brown envelopes but he has found them again in his Sandbox.

# Why doesn't Prayut just ask the Chinese since he is there bitch.

Just imagine if the Government actually came up with a plan to help the Thai people in any way.

Education, Health care, pensions, pollution, daily road carnage, zero care or responsibility for there environment, police and Government corruption (not going to investigate themselves) the list goes on.

Can someone please explain to me how this will benefit anyone apart from the inner circle who came up with this

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

For the workers of Thailand to learn more English and more skills, 

and you cannot understand how that would not be better for the  population

and Thailand, the days of Thai's been farmers and cheap labourers must change.

Apology accepted 

regards Worgeordie

Take it simple: The fish stinks from the head! 

23 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I would imaging it takes an incredibly brave and long-minded investment foreigner to invest in a Thai Space Program. Pretty sure the investor and everybody - including me - on here will be dead way before any Thai made space rocket puts a man into space, and I'm just 57 !

Lots of Thai men are in space already. Just go for a drive and you'll see.

12 hours ago, ruddick said:

Perhaps the space drive will actually result in a ground up revamp of the education system here.

You need really smart people and due to the totally inadequate education system here nowhere near enough smart problem solving out of the box thinkers are being produced.

The biggest problem is not the kids but the teachers and administrators. Who teaches them so they can teach the future generations.?

The government can pass all the laws they like but if the population does not have the skills and education levels required nothing is going to happen.

Solleee, noh sa-peek inglit.

11 hours ago, JetSetFvr said:

I couldn't help but laugh at the comments and rightfully so. However I'll give them a benefit of a doubt. They know they will never make it to space........but they sure as hell can make some parts for others to make it there.

Cheap labor.......and plenty of it. 

At last they might have something other than rice to export. 

Ok, they can make the wheels in Samut Prakan.

They will have to dub all those old Star Trek shows in Thai language ready for the new Thai space age.

PS. Is Mr Sulu really a Thai?

Captain Kirk: "Thank you Mr Sulu"

Mr Sulu: "Sa-wat-dii krup Captain!"

star-trek-crew-enterprise-100~_v-gseapremiumxl.jpg

Edited by Chris.B

23 hours ago, Saltire said:

There's a Far Side cartoon for every TV post.

1453242552_Screenshot2021-07-15at09_56_02.png.d334a04812c36e14bdf08910375dfb7e.png

BUT its such a "really brilliant CON JOB headline" to distract everyones attention away from the VACCINE FAILURE of Mr P & A !!!!!!!!! Forget the 10,000 new cases of covid DAILY and the 70/100 DEATHS per day, just look at our shinny new idea to fly to Uranus & Pluto .....................

• Like 1

Can i do my 90 day report from space hope they have a copy machine up there  this government should be  looking after the people first but no they really don't  care unfortunately   sandbox in space 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ozzydon said:

Can i do my 90 day report from space hope they have a copy machine up there  this government should be  looking after the people first but no they really don't  care unfortunately   sandbox in space 

you do it online from here......NO WIFI in space YET !!!!

or one might be able to when Thailand launches a satellite !!!!

Well, I certainly don't think this announcement was well-timed, considering the 'mess' that the country is in.

However, speaking with my 'rocket scientist' hat on, it's certainly possible for Thailand to get involved in the space business, without building rockets and (alas for those government committees), without a large expenditure.

Many countries have a vibrant space manufacturing and test industry sector, and never see a rocket in their lives...

In my space career, I worked as a contract hardware designer, which means that I was 'shuffled' from project to project, as the need arose for my wonderful skills(!).  Some of the more mundane but still very important projects included:

- Building test equipment to test space flight power supplies

- Building test equipment to test rocket motor control systems

- Testing military GPS spaceflight GPS receivers

- Tuning low noise amplifiers for satellite use

- Operating environmental test facilities for space flight hardware

etc etc

Thailand could encourage small businesses to enter the space industry sector, but I don't think that the Thai government is actually looking at 'real work' - they are looking for kudos and money....

• Thanks 1