Purchase of 120 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine for 2022 approved by NVC

snoop1130

12 hours ago, lolalol said:

Why do they need that many doses for next year? I thought they were gonna vaccinate enough people to open up for tourism this October.

Thai population is around 70 million. 120 million doses of vaccine will be enough to double dose 85% of the entire Thai population.

I would like some clarification...

I'd guess most likely upgraded vaccines to be used as boosters against future variants.

This only one committee.  There are a number of other committees that need to approve this then it goes in front of parliament for approval before any contracts can be negotiated.  After the contract is negotiated there needs to be a number of other reviews and approvals before the order is placed.  I expect to see these vaccines on my 70th birthday.  (I am 65 now)

This reminds me of my days in corporate America.  I would press some of the support areas as to when their projects were going to be complete.  They would go into lengthy dissertations about how the committees being formed, resources being marshalled, the process being flowcharted etc.  

I would always reply, so in other words you have done nothing, and have no clue as to when they will be completed. 

Same here, no specifics on who it has been ordered from, and when it is scheduled to arrive. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The National Vaccine Committee (NVC) approved today (Wednesday) the procurement of another 120 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine for next year

Why not a quintillion? 

17 hours ago, lolalol said:

Why do they need that many doses for next year? I thought they were gonna vaccinate enough people to open up for tourism this October.

Thai population is around 70 million. 120 million doses of vaccine will be enough to double dose 85% of the entire Thai population.

I would like some clarification...

Forget tourism. This is a life  or death wait for survival.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas J said:

This reminds me of my days in corporate America.  I would press some of the support areas as to when their projects were going to be complete.  They would go into lengthy dissertations about how the committees being formed, resources being marshalled, the process being flowcharted etc.  

I would always reply, so in other words you have done nothing, and have no clue as to when they will be completed. 

Same here, no specifics on who it has been ordered from, and when it is scheduled to arrive. 

Trump operation 'Warp Speed'.

• Confused 1