Covid extension denied

On 7/15/2021 at 2:58 PM, Tuvoc said:

In theory my understanding is that the COVID extensions were originally for a situation where you were "trapped" in Thailand and couldn't return home more or less. So "emergency" extensions in effect. That doesn't really apply now for most countries. So it doesn't surprise me at all that they are now being refused. But as noted, an agent could be the answer.

can you fly home now, without the 2 vaccines ?

• Confused 1

On 7/15/2021 at 3:19 PM, easydoor said:

Mr DDJJ,

it is very clear you are abusing the Covid Extension rules. You came in on a visa exemption in March and wants to stay till October, so it is very clear your intentions were to stay LONG. Get a correct visa. Don't forget: a covid extension is in the fist place a FAVOR. It doesn't matters how much you spend, even it is 100.000THB/m

There is no such thing as abusing the rules, the rules are clear are they not?

They've decided they want all the foreigners out and they start with the low hanging fruit - good luck when it's your turn to get booted out by some moron supervisor.

• Thanks 2

@DDJJ, I am in the same boat then you. I arrived in February 2020 and I have been on amnesty/covid extensions since.

I am very grateful to Thailand for those special Covid visas as I have an underlying condition and boarding on 4 different flights to can go home is a big NO for me. I am actually waiting to finally get my vaccine so I can go back home with reduced risks (finger crossed!)

If you really have trouble getting the extension where you are, try flying to Chiang Mai or Phuket, do your TM30 there, and get your extension. By experience, those offices are way more friendly than the ones in Bangkok area.

8 hours ago, Joinaman said:

can you fly home now, without the 2 vaccines ?

Yes, I flew to the UK last month.

Edited by Tuvoc

1 hour ago, seff55 said:

Just got back from Samui immigration. 60 day extension approved. It's my 7th extension, no issues whatsoever.

the only issue being 1900 baht each.. Thailand should really be a bit more generous IMHO. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1