US citizens unable to get vaccinated

DrPhibes

On 7/16/2021 at 7:49 AM, NancyL said:

You can get the Johnson & Johnson one shot and, in theory, just stay three days.  I'd suggest staying at least 14 to be considered fully vaccinated and get some good rest and a little holiday.

With COE processing by the LA consulate at 15 business days looks like one would need close to 3 weeks in Guam and then a further 2 weeks in quarantine in BKK - an expensive and lengthly ordeal to say the least.  But, given how pathetic Thailand has handled everything vaccine related, maybe worth the cost and time.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pseudorabies said:

FYI - I found this on the US Embassy's webpage this morning, an offer to get vaccinated along with the Aussies -

https://th.usembassy.gov/health-alert-covid-19-vaccine-opportunity-for-u-s-citizens-july-17-2021/

Event: COVID-19 Vaccine Opportunity for U.S. Citizens – July 17, 2021

The Thai Government has informed the U.S. Embassy that it is offering U.S. citizens in Thailand the opportunity to be vaccinated with the AstraZeneca vaccine at 4 p.m. this Sunday July 18, 2021 at SCG Headquarters in Bang Sue area of Bangkok. (See location map here: https://goo.gl/maps/dFRM8oycooZTtQJW8).

IMPORTANT: Doses are limited. Those who are successful obtaining an appointment will be contacted. If you do not receive a return email verifying your appointment, assume all appointments have been filled.

To register please click on this link: https://bit.ly/USTHvax2021

To get an appointment, you MUST: 1) pre-register through the above link AND, 2) receive an email confirmation from the Thai government.

Do not show up at the vaccination location without the above two things, or you will be turned away. 

Please Note:  By filling out this form, you acknowledge that your information is going directly to the Thai Government coordinating officials, not the U.S. Embassy.

This opportunity is available in Bangkok this Sunday only. You will need to make your own travel arrangements to the vaccination site.

This is a limited opportunity offered by the Thai Government. We do not know when/if similar opportunities will arise again in the future.

Registration information is being collected by the Royal Thai Government, not the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok.  The U.S. Embassy will not have access to information on the form.

Resources for information on local COVID-19 restrictions include:

Talk about a whisper campaign...

Useless

FD995ACB-6C48-4511-9B5B-CCC1AD2BCE6D.jpeg

• Sad 1

On 7/16/2021 at 9:45 AM, pseudorabies said:

When you finish ASQ you are certified to be free of COVID.  But then when you walk out of the hotel you are entering a hotbed of COVID delta variant infections. ASQ made sense before but not much now, particularly for those who are vaccinated. Entry of new variants could be a concern but as we've seen repeatedly virus will get in through Thailand's porous land borders anyway.

Thailand could (and should) make it easier for those who can and want to get vaccinated abroad.  However it would mean potentially losing face which, as we know, is unacceptable.  Even when lives are at stake.

Agreed! Again I ask, "Why are the vast majority of ASQ's in Dark Red zones?". It makes little, if any , sense.

6 hours ago, bbko said:

Just my two cents here.  I flew in from the states this May already fully vaccinated (two Pfizer shots) and only had to stay in a BKK ASQ hotel for 7 days.  The hotel was decent, if I wanted to buy anything (except alcohol) from the nearby 7-11 all I had to do was ask and it was delivered a few hours later.  As far as the meals included with the package, the hotels menu offered three choices per meal; Thai, western or other.  If I wanted something other I could pay out of pocket and order from the hotel kitchen (pizza, steak, ect).

I was originally booked for 14 days but they said since I was already vaccinated and had negative covid test before the flight and on day 3 of the hotel stay I only had to stay 7 days, hotel cost; around 16,000 baht. 

There was a period of time during which ASQ was only 7 days for vaccinated people.  That program was ended and now people are in ASQ for the full 14 days.  The 7-day program was quite short-lived.

On 7/15/2021 at 3:12 PM, utalkin2me said:

Governments never care, nor should they if truth be told. Their job is basically to make government bigger. 

I was part of the US Government for decades before retiring in Thailand and I did care enough to help as I could, or refer people to those in power to do so. Sadly the US Government is a political entity, and some politicians are in business for themselves. A bad General doesn't mean all the soldiers are bad.

• Like 1

Global is just a word politician like to use many of our representatives have never been out of the country longer than 2 weeks and a 2 weeks vacation you aren't going to learn much about the world laying on your back or shopping.  I seriously doubt many even can point to Thailand on the globe. Many think going to Hawaii is going Internationally!

I was in the USAF for 30+ years and when I retired overseas ( 3 AF England  ) I did my last 90 days ( on leave) in Thailand and retired here, did not return to the USA for 2 more years later for vacation and then back to Thailand. After looking for a job for over 2 years, I was first Hired by USAID for 90 job. Then by US Stated Department Bangkok, which I work for 14 1/2 years. I can agree not all the FSO are bad, I have worked some real start and caring Supervisors', most of those were former military and enlisted only on was a Officer and he was great.  There are so few FSO that are good at their job that it makes it look like they all are none caring and only looking out their self interest.  I new that Embassy would not even try to alter the reg"s to help vacant US citizens, that's just more work for them and they would have nothing to do looking for work that's needs to be done.  I have also wrote my Representative  and both Senators, but do not look for them to do anything either, only two are up for reelection in 2022 and they are real safe seats.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 12:28 PM, Jingthing said:

I'm a US citizen, and I got vaccinated on Jun 7... ????

Just sayin'... ????

On 7/17/2021 at 12:28 PM, Jingthing said:

If you're going to post like that, you really should post details every time. From another post you said it was based on a Thai I.D. number on Mor Phrom. That was back in June too, right? How does that help people with passports NOW?

There is a great opportunity now in Bangkok at MedPark for expats with PASSPORTS but I'm not sure that most expats outside of Bangkok are going to be able to deal with the travel restrictions / potential quarantines to access that.

Covid19 Vaccine Expats - MedPark Hospital

Jingthing: I have both a Thai I.D. number (Yellow Book and Pink Card) AND I have a US passport. I also have a Thai drivers license. And, yes, I did get my first shot (AZ) on June 7.

So, I guess since I have a PASSPORT I could come to MedPark, but I avoid going to Bangkok as much as possible. I haven't been there for about five years, although I might need to come late next year to get a new passport.

• Confused 1

Hope not...however Could Thailand deal with this Possibility...  Covid cases in UK with 70% Vaccinated...may hit 200,000 infections a Day later this year - a number that would Inflict “major disruption” on the NHS, a top SAGE member has warned.

Prof Neil Ferguson said it is “almost certain” that cases will hit 100,000 a day and hospitalisations 1,000 a day, up from 55,000 and 740 a day currently.