The big cc scoots

Kwasaki

On 7/16/2021 at 7:04 PM, Joinaman said:

I have an X max 300, bit like a Forza

simple to ride, no bother cruising at 120, and leaves most cars and bike behind at the lights

Going through the twisty bits in the hills, find myself leaving friends on Honda 500s behind, due to the twist and go, instead of constantly changing gears 

As far as idiots on the waves and clicks, not many go past, but i have no problem letting them go, . They might be stupid, but they know i could blow them off if i wanted to 

I don't think the do know , seems like these people think even if they are on an electric scooter they can win from a 1100cc bike . Applause for trying tho(fools) . No wonder there are so many traffic accidents with scooters and bikes . And then they want people with a big bike to get a special driving license . They have to let every motorized vehicle driver do that , otherwise it will not change nothing .sometimes i see accidents and i think by myself how the hell did they manage to do that on this kind of road or in this place . 

• Thanks 1

A couple of years ago I chose an Nmax over an Xmax. Yes, less power for sure but the smaller size makes it far more useable on tight roads, in traffic and is easy for parking anywhere.

I am planning on getting a 300-400cc machine later but that will be for longer distances and fun, most likely a new style cruiser. The 300+ scoots are just too physically big as an all rounder.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 10:53 AM, Henryford said:

I agree, could never see the point in them. Too big for around town but not suited to touring/long distance.

makes me chuckle what the Bathtub Boys start harping on about them being as nimble as a 150 scooter round town (in a bathtub kind a way) ....

And don't get me started about turning circles - The Titanic had a better one ......lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, pookett said:

A couple of years ago I chose an Nmax over an Xmax. Yes, less power for sure but the smaller size makes it far more useable on tight roads, in traffic and is easy for parking anywhere.

I am planning on getting a 300-400cc machine later but that will be for longer distances and fun, most likely a new style cruiser. The 300+ scoots are just too physically big as an all rounder.

Welcome to planet common sense .....

15 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Eventually but the Forza will be away from the lights first. At what speed/distance the Ninja will eventually pass I don't know. 

The Ninja in the hands of a experienced rider will be on the other side of the crossroad first. 

Edited by Kwasaki

19 hours ago, canthai55 said:

There are a few Turbo Forza running around BKK

Tuner shop built, upgraded ECU

Yeah they do some crazy things here with bike and scoots I find it strange but as long as there having fun,  all fair. 

1 hour ago, Deli said:

Have a modified Ninja 650 myself and like it when the race kids on the 125 cc's like to race with me. I always let them win and smile at them. Reminds me of my youth.

On the other hand, I really like to pee off Fortuners and Civics, specially the white ones. Drop 2 gears and let them just hear the sound, coz they can't see me anymore if they try to challange me.

I do the same with kids on small roads don't want them hurt trying keep up with me. 

Wait for the right spot and disappear. ????

What sort of mods did you do and was there any noticiful difference.

The mods on my bike I only notice a slight difference in acceleration and a bit more top speed. 

Edited by Kwasaki

26 minutes ago, piston broke said:

makes me chuckle what the Bathtub Boys start harping on about them being as nimble as a 150 scooter round town (in a bathtub kind a way) ....

And don't get me started about turning circles - The Titanic had a better one ......lol

For some a Hello Kitty pink Scoopy is the ticket

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

I would be willing to put my Forza up against any large displacement bike in a drag race to 100 M

No clutch to slip, Twist and Go

A bold statement from you I guess for fun,  against what size, be fair !! you would have no chance against an R1. 

13 minutes ago, mrfill said:

Isn't that what a CVT system does ? It is an automatic clutch.

Centrifugal clutch - it doesn't slip unless the belt is worn out and/or glazed

Bring your R1 by - we will see then

Edited by canthai55
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

U think ? R1 would have to slip the clutch big time, while I was on my merry way.

I would of thought you would of been knowledgeable of the today  R1 performance and its latest tech but even me as old as I am on my 28 year old Blade would go pass you like your standing still on your scoot in a 100 metre standing start dash.  

• Like 1

I uses a older pcx150 for city riding, it's perfect for that.

It's not powerful enough for the highways, I hate being overtaken by big lorries.

I have a Yamaha 900 for outside Pattaya, very fun bike to ride.

Meet an expat on an Xmax300, we talked a bit at the red lights.

He took off like a scolded cat when green lights, took me by surprise, he kept going up to app 140 km/h in shorts and flip-flops, only safety gear was a full face helmet????

At the next lights I was prepared and again he got ahead for about 10 meters but 115hp on my bike quickly outmatched his tiny engine and I left him in the dust. It's about handling the clutch and throttle when taking off, I have to be careful or the front wheel will loose contact to the ground, which it did in this case in 1 & 2 gear. 

After I had shown him who's the boss I let him pass me as I didn't want to go so fast on that particular road, we exchanged thumps up. 

Childish behavior? Absolutely 555

I normally rides at 120-140 km/h, my bike is naked so much more than that, the wind pressure is too much for longer time.

I sometimes makes short sprints to over 200 on empty roads and no side sois in sight but it's max for 5 min.  

Edited by guzzi850m2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/16/2021 at 8:13 PM, Kwasaki said:

I guess this is why I wanted a discussion, they may beat a Ninja 300 away but if it was a 500x upwards or 650 Ninja no way would they beat it away from stand still if the rider of the big capacity bike wanted to be first away.  

This is just the miss conception these twist and go riders of big scoots think.

I have a Honda Cbr650f and I have no problem with twisties I love them. Where I live there are many mountain roads. I never try to race these kids at the lights, as it gives them a thrill for the day. It's a good strong 4 cyl. bike and I got it new from 2014 and I never looked for more power or pleasure that other bikes may give.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, guzzi850m2 said:

I uses a older pcx150 for city riding, it's perfect for that.

It's not powerful enough for the highways, I hate being overtaken by big lorries.

I have a Yamaha 900 for outside Pattaya, very fun bike to ride.

Meet an expat on an Xmax300, we talked a bit at the red lights.

He took off like a scolded cat when green lights, took me by surprise, he kept going up to app 140 km/h in shorts and flip-flops, only safety gear was a full face helmet????

At the next lights I was prepared and again he got ahead for about 10 meters but 115hp on my bike quickly outmatched his tiny engine and I left him in the dust. It's about handling the clutch and throttle when taking off, I have to be careful or the front wheel will loose contact to the ground, which it did in this case in 1 & 2 gear. 

After I had shown him who's the boss I let him pass me as I didn't want to go so fast on that particular road, we exchanged thumps up. 

Childish behavior? Absolutely 555

I normally rides at 120-140 km/h, my bike is naked so much more than that, the wind pressure is too much for longer time.

I sometimes makes short sprints to over 200 on empty roads and no side sois in sight but it's max for 5 min.  

More or less as you say these big scoot riders most of them Thai or Farangie unless they own or know about proper motorbikes they have no knowledge of what motorbikes are capable of. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lokie said:

Exactly same; In Phuky (Patong based) have old 2013 Forza with few mods to it: Lighten Rollers, Skimmed Spool Cup from the french guys PCX/Forza place down in Rawai, Uprated adjustable rear shocks for my fat derrier, firmer front fork oil, pirrelli rubber, bikes set up for me, the lighten rollers give more acceleration at slight expense of top end speed which dont bother me here in LOS, had my Forza 6 years now and still does what I want for Thailand...

Own a Triumph Bonneville T100 A2 back in UK (had bikes since 9yrs old, off road sports when was younger, up to Suzuki Thou K3 which I loved... in UK. I dont need to prove anything Re speed, especially here in LOS as sooner or later will end in tears no matter how good you think you are some idiot will pull out on you or worse... Enjoy the ride but take extreme care here...

(I really cant be ar $ed changing gears up & down a box in the heat here TBH, rather jump on rev & go easy peesy, Im too old for see who can pee the furthest lol...

Fair call, I loved riding Suk K3 would like one here years ago but far too expensive.

I was lucky to get the same Blade here that I had in UK.

7 minutes ago, Agusts said:

This is becoming ridiculous, comparing Forza with R1 or 650 or 900 bikes, and who doesn't know about motorbikes...!!!???

How about that CB500 or Ninja 300 or 400 you talk about against against a Tmax..., isn't that a better comparison, you're not laughing now, are you.....!

Forza maybe against a CB300F, maybe a better and closer race...

But let's debate this logically and sensibly, not my d*ck bigger than yours argument  that goes on and on..!

Similar spec manual geared bike against a finely tuned CVT requires a rider who can change clutch in no time and keep the bike exactly 100% of the time at optimum gear selection...., because that's a finelly tuned CVT for performance does.... - Forza is tuned for economy and smooth operation , no where near performance....

And I'm not talking about just a drag race, be able to choose the perfect gear for best torque and HP all the time ,up and down the hills , and all around the corners and nasty little surprises on public roads..., dogs jump in, I brake and back on gas at perfect RPM, where are you in 5 or 6th gear , trying to find 2 ...! lol

Now a rider like that is probably a top class racing expert on top of his game, not the scooter bashing , big bike wannabees on this forum...! 5555, even those guys have no clutch now paddle shifting gears....

Sometime I think these guys are just jealous, jump on the "scooter" with shorts and slippers and go fast and enjoy the riding experience...., after all who wants to put on boots and leather pants in this weather and lube chains before even get on the bike....5555

I recommend come down your high horses and give it a try, not for a day or two, but rent for a few months, you will see how enjoyable and addictive maxi scooters are.... + 1

Nah you have lost the plot you are obviously not a old school biker.

• Like 1

I agree partly with both of you, but TBH my K3 had been dialled in at Carbon Can Co on their rolling rd to set up a Power Commader instead of the Generic download I had on it for sports exhaust & K&N fikter etc... and as anyone knows it was not for the HP gain that you get anyway but to smooth out the power delivery. When I first got my K3 Thou going around a roundabout was bit dodgy, it was like power on/off very hairy slow speed turn... (and I can ride a bike BTW) after setting it up with a PCIII and added download fuel map it was great... but yeah spend a few $$ more on setting it up bespoke on a Rolling Road and it was like another level...

I dont think my Forza would hold a light to that K3 in anything you want, bearing in mind it could do 70+ in 1st gear, twisting the throttle was like when Star Ship Enterprize or the Millenium Falcon jumps to Warp or light speed... before you new you was way passed legal speed limit...

No love all types of machines and they all for a certain area of riding... my self here in LOS I feel and out & out Sports bike is a bit dangerous here but thats just my opinion. Obvs the Blade is one of best bikes ever made for the road - period, but would not be my choice for LOS.

Like Hogs (now I will get some comeback lol) Beautiful to look at but having ridden quite a few of them over the years - I know if going on a long run Id rather be on a Jap lookalike for comfort & ridability... but yes it aint an Harley. Last time I had afatboy on Phuket everywhere I stopped peeps taking pics of it was a beautiful looking machine but after an hour riding I had to have a break. But is what makes things intresting everybody has their own opinions and thats cool...

Edited by Lokie
I can t spell lol
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Agusts said:

This is becoming ridiculous, comparing Forza with R1 or 650 or 900 bikes, and who doesn't know about motorbikes...!!!???

How about that CB500 or Ninja 300 or 400 you talk about against against a Tmax..., isn't that a better comparison, you're not laughing now, are you.....!

Forza maybe against a CB300F, maybe a better and closer race...

But let's debate this logically and sensibly, not my d*ck bigger than yours argument  that goes on and on..!

Similar spec manual geared bike against a finely tuned CVT requires a rider who can change clutch in no time and keep the bike exactly 100% of the time at optimum gear selection...., because that's a finelly tuned CVT for performance does.... - Forza is tuned for economy and smooth operation , no where near performance....

And I'm not talking about just a drag race, be able to choose the perfect gear for best torque and HP all the time ,up and down the hills , and all around the corners and nasty little surprises on public roads..., dogs jump in, I brake and back on gas at perfect RPM, where are you in 5 or 6th gear , trying to find 2 ...! lol

Now a rider like that is probably a top class racing expert on top of his game, not the scooter bashing , big bike wannabees on this forum...! 5555, even those guys have no clutch now paddle shifting gears....

Sometime I think these guys are just jealous, jump on the "scooter" with shorts and slippers and go fast and enjoy the riding experience...., after all who wants to put on boots and leather pants in this weather and lube chains before even get on the bike....5555

I recommend come down your high horses and give it a try, not for a day or two, but rent for a few months, you will see how enjoyable and addictive maxi scooters are.... + 1

Jealous? No not at all.

High horse my ass, we just state facts, been riding bikes for many many years. 

I get a maxi scooter when I can't ride real bikes anymore.

I know a few that's been doing that because of age. 

Honda make a lot of bikes with DCT-  from NC750, Rebel 1100 and Africa Twin, the now ex 1200 Crosstouer also came with DTC, so automatic gear-shifting (different ride mode to choose from)+ push bottoms on the handlebar for manual shifting.

I spoken to owners off all 4 types of bikes and they all loves the DCT but it takes a while to get used to.

I need to try it out.

I jump on my scooter with minimal safety gear but always gear fully up on the big bike.

The guys I know that tour a lot on Forza 300/350 also gear fully up when touring.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Nah you have lost the plot you are obviously not a old school biker.

Bit harsh... hope in Gest . Forgot to mention one of my best loved bikes I had in UK was an old ZZR600E5, I gave a bloke £600 for it in Blackburn as a none runner...

Think the guy was a right Numpty bike was overfilled with engine oil, he been messing with the calipers (it came with a spare set) after dropping all fluids going over every nut& bolt, little bits n bobs to do on it and spent about £150 It was a great bike... owned it about 5 years went all over on it, never let me down once bar on way back from a Honme for Heroes run down south was on motorway heading back home up north, blooming clutch cable arm dropped out of engine casing below rear barke (they ftd upside down on a ZZR) oil i $$ ing out all over I just thought balls to it if I stop I never get started again managed to get it into 3rd gear and nursed her home last 30 miles was worried about any Red lights I may encounter... up shot was easy fix new cable and arm... sold the ZZR after many adeventures and 6 years for £1500 bet is still going strong now was like a Tank!

On 7/17/2021 at 10:53 AM, Henryford said:

I agree, could never see the point in them. Too big for around town but not suited to touring/long distance.

But 60,000 on my 2.5year old forza 300 touring around thailand. Up graded the suspension and added boxes. Great touring bike . I but more miles on the Forza than I did on my Goldwing back home. Take mostly side roads to see the country. But when a highway is necessary it will cruise 110 - 120 all day. Was just out today with a big bike group ( African twins, 18,000 Honda, 500s, Kawasaki 650s  and a BMW something)  Never any complaints from the other riders. Can keep up with them just fine. But they don't ride like super sport bike riders with crouch rockets. I know a bigger bike would give me  better  performance,  but it is a great every day around town bike that can also do a 3,600 kilometers 2 week run. Which it has done many times. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lokie said:

I agree partly with both of you, but TBH my K3 had been dialled in at Carbon Can Co on their rolling rd to set up a Power Commader instead of the Generic download I had on it for sports exhaust & K&N fikter etc... and as anyone knows it was not for the HP gain that you get anyway but to smooth out the power delivery. When I first got my K3 Thou going around a roundabout was bit dodgy, it was like power on/off very hairy slow speed turn... (and I can ride a bike BTW) after setting it up with a PCIII and added download fuel map it was great... but yeah spend a few $$ more on setting it up bespoke on a Rolling Road and it was like another level...

I dont think my Forza would hold a light to that K3 in anything you want, bearing in mind it could do 70+ in 1st gear, twisting the throttle was like when Star Ship Enterprize or the Millenium Falcon jumps to Warp or light speed... before you new you was way passed legal speed limit...

No love all types of machines and they all for a certain area of riding... my self here in LOS I feel and out & out Sports bike is a bit dangerous here but thats just my opinion. Obvs the Blade is one of best bikes ever made for the road - period, but would not be my choice for LOS.

Like Hogs (now I will get some comeback lol) Beautiful to look at but having ridden quite a few of them over the years - I know if going on a long run Id rather be on a Jap lookalike for comfort & ridability... but yes it aint an Harley. Last time I had afatboy on Phuket everywhere I stopped peeps taking pics of it was a beautiful looking machine but after an hour riding I had to have a break. But is what makes things intresting everybody has their own opinions and thats cool...

Quite a few here have been riding for years in their own country, and have bikes here.

Everyone gets to like what bike they prefer, I've never liked scoots.

Ridden so many different bikes over the years in UK.

Can't tell all about it on a forum, it would have to be a book.

Came to Thailand and have had 3 bikes and a scoot, still got the scoot for a village knock about.

Have now my 4th bike what I always wanted and missed, a 93 Blade, it only has what a bike needs.

It came with some after market upgrades I found when I did a semi strip down as it was a non runner.

I always have liked acceleration, no scoot can give me the experience of a Supersports bike.

I don't find it dangerous riding in Thailand at all, no worse than UK IMO. 

I have always avoided Bangkok and it's quite easy to do that touring Thailand.