The big cc scoots

Kwasaki

Bit dull on m/c forum these days just thought about discussion on the big scoots about.

There's a lot cropping up in and about our village and some riders are sensible and obviously you get those that ain't. 

A guy was mentioning where he lives that some try to have go with him on his Sports Ninja.

I don't have a problem with anything around where I live with other riders trying to compete.

Does anyone else wherever you live get bothered by other riders trying to race with you or say trying to keep up. 

Been like that in BKK for at least 18 months. Seems many 2nd hand Forzas have found homes in the sois.

I'm thinking with your Ninja fiend they will do what I call a Kamikaze pass. Zoom by while the guy is quietly riding along then quickly disappear down a side street. They are urban warriors, they won't challenge in open country! CVT wins away from the lights, they know this. Primarily it is reaction time.

Happens all over even to a guy (not me) In Vancouver with a Pontiac Grand Prix who used to get buzzed by Civics. 

The key is not to rise to the bait and simply ignore them. If you must play just accelerate with/after them and stay right behind. Eventually they will turn off or give way. 

Edited by VocalNeal

40 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Bought a Forza last year - love it.

Guys on bikes always try to be first away - but my 'Need for Speed' means I am usually full throttle leaving the lights - after checking cross traffic

Mostly see them in my mirror.

I just find it much safer as you can get ahead of the traffic behind you, and stay back from the traffic ahead of you. Then you only got to worry about oncoming traffic. Much safer

I too have a Forza and love it , No chains to adjust/oil , press the button and go.  On my usual run out to the hills Honda Waves sometimes try it on but even if they keep up the riders seem to tire quickly and have to stop by the roadside for a rest.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

I too have a Forza and love it , No chains to adjust/oil , press the button and go.  On my usual run out to the hills Honda Waves sometimes try it on but even if they keep up the riders seem to tire quickly and have to stop by the roadside for a rest.

I have an X max 300, bit like a Forza

simple to ride, no bother cruising at 120, and leaves most cars and bike behind at the lights

Going through the twisty bits in the hills, find myself leaving friends on Honda 500s behind, due to the twist and go, instead of constantly changing gears 

As far as idiots on the waves and clicks, not many go past, but i have no problem letting them go, . They might be stupid, but they know i could blow them off if i wanted to 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

CVT wins away from the lights

I guess this is why I wanted a discussion, they may beat a Ninja 300 away but if it was a 500x upwards or 650 Ninja no way would they beat it away from stand still if the rider of the big capacity bike wanted to be first away.  

This is just the miss conception these twist and go riders of big scoots think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joinaman said:

Going through the twisty bits in the hills, find myself leaving friends on Honda 500s behind, due to the twist and go,

Yours friends riding on 500s can't be experience riders thats all I would say.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

Just now, Kwasaki said:

Yours friends riding on 500s can't be experience riders thats all would say.

Well, i didn't want to say that to their face

They keep talking about their bikes, but seem to spend more time polishing than riding 

48 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I guess this is why I wanted a discussion, they may beat a Ninja 300 away but if it was a 500x upwards or 650 Ninja no way would they beat it away from stand still if the rider of the big capacity bike wanted to be first away.  

This is just the miss conception these twist and go riders of big scoots think.

A Daf CVT car was always be the first car across a junction regard less of the other car.

Not a misconception. 

We not talking about holding  bike in first gear again the rev limiter until the light turns green. But if you want to hold your bike in gear against the cutch indefinitely I suppose you can.

3 hours ago, Joinaman said:

I have an X max 300, bit like a Forza

simple to ride, no bother cruising at 120, and leaves most cars and bike behind at the lights

Going through the twisty bits in the hills, find myself leaving friends on Honda 500s behind, due to the twist and go, instead of constantly changing gears 

As far as idiots on the waves and clicks, not many go past, but i have no problem letting them go, . They might be stupid, but they know i could blow them off if i wanted to 

I literally spat my coffee out laughing ! - a "bathtub" X Max 300 can leave a Honda 500 behind on the twisties ....

You're either Barry Sheene re-incarnated, or they're riding like a bunch of nancy's.....

I've never seen the attraction of the forza / x max - too big for the city, compared to say an ADV150,  and out on the open road sterile compare to a geared bike .....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, piston broke said:

I've never seen the attraction of the forza / x max - too big for the city, compared to say an ADV150,  and out on the open road sterile compare to a geared bike .....

Not really - My PCX is the same width as the Forza at the mirrors - the widest part.

And Forza only 10cm longer overall - 4 inches

No appreciable difference in town

ADV is just a PCX in "off road" dress

Edited by canthai55
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Joinaman said:

Well, i didn't want to say that to their face

They keep talking about their bikes, but seem to spend more time polishing than riding 

What 500 's are they, my friend has a Honda 500x and if you thrash it, it goes well. 

Edited by Kwasaki

11 hours ago, piston broke said:

I literally spat my coffee out laughing ! - a "bathtub" X Max 300 can leave a Honda 500 behind on the twisties ....

You're either Barry Sheene re-incarnated, or they're riding like a bunch of nancy's.....

I agree, could never see the point in them. Too big for around town but not suited to touring/long distance.

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, papa al said:

doubt it

Ninja 300 they are a nice looking bike quite a few around our way.

Haven't had a ride on one, just my guess because 296 cc vs 279 cc but chain driven usually beats a rubber belt.

Look forward to another death trap the 750cc Forza.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I agree, could never see the point in them. Too big for around town but not suited to touring/long distance.

not sure what you mean about touring or long distance ?

Often do 3-400k rides with no bother 

Usually only do one or 2 nights away, but that's through choice, not the bike

No good for town ? Just like any big bike, you can either filter through or you wait till clear, maybe you prefer a Wave / Although it is much more suited to running around towns

14 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

We not talking about holding  bike in first gear again the rev limiter

You don't have to do that, I don't do 1st gear high speed often, I am slow moving off from traffic lights I like others going first. 555

I never go to rev limiter I can do more than 120 kph in 1st but don't I change to 2nd at about 30 -40 kph then roll it on if I want to disappear.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

What 500 's are they, my friend has a Honda 500x and if you thrash it, it goes well. 

With my friends, they go well on the straights, but they seem much more cautious

than me in corners, especially the very tight ones, but then, i am a crazy old fart !

Think they are Rebels ?

12 hours ago, piston broke said:

some of the bathtub gang are deluding themselves ........

My ADV150 would show one a clean pair of heels round town ......

and on the main roads ??

Ha ha ha 

ADV 150 , ladies bike !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Agusts said:

I rented a CB500x a couple of month ago, although I didn't have much experience with it I found it terrible on the hills, not much power and pull on high gears, and need to constantly change gears , I think a 650 is much better......,  it's really smooth on the flat though, got it up to 170kph, I don't think it would go any more...

500x bike is a good weighted value twin you have use the gears and plenty of revs to get a decent speed though.

My Versys 650 twin was a nice bike too but too heavy although very comfortable.

The CRF 250 was good fun but full rev at all gear for speed of sorts.

• Like 1

I've never seen the attraction of the forza / x max - too big for the city, compared to say an ADV150,  and out on the open road sterile compare to a geared bike ....

I can see the attraction of scoots for Thais anything easy is good.

I just find riding them weird and the sitting position gives me backache.

The big scoots they like for the higher speed as well as looks.

I have a Airblade scoot I sit on back seat and use the rear foot pegs.

I do the same on the Wave the left leg just goes forward for gear change.

17 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Bought a Forza last year - love it.

Guys on bikes always try to be first away - but my 'Need for Speed' means I am usually full throttle leaving the lights - after checking cross traffic

Mostly see them in my mirror.

I just find it much safer as you can get ahead of the traffic behind you, and stay back from the traffic ahead of you. Then you only got to worry about oncoming traffic. Much safer

In a nation of habitual red light runners, I don't think being first away on green is being 'much safer' at all. Even the idiots on 4-wheels mostly hold back on green, just in case someone wants to 'get ahead of the traffic.'

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1