The big cc scoots

Kwasaki

On 7/16/2021 at 6:04 PM, canthai55 said:

my 'Need for Speed' means I am usually full throttle leaving the lights - after checking cross traffic

Very dangerous practice, even after checking. 

Safetst place to be when going through a set of lights in Thailand is to be in the middle of the pack 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Safetst place to be when going through a set of lights in Thailand is to be in the middle of the pack 

I wouldn't want advice from you.

What if you are the only one waiting at the traffic lights. ????????

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Today what this thread is about really happened today on road 12 between Sukhothai and Ban Lann hoi.

On one section I rode left onto the 12 at a traffic light junction and it was a short section before the next lights, it was a long 4 way wait and 2 big scoots turn up along side I notice one was an Xmax not sure about the other, I gave a nod and they nodded and gave a wave back. 

They took off like blue torch paper had ignited ???? I just followed but kept back and they got up to about 130 I then got closer and one duck down into streamlined position, I accelerated pulled up along side and waved then disappeared, it was a nice section of road to my Historical park turn off. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Today what this thread is about really happened today on road 12 between Sukhothai and Ban Lann hoi.

On one section I rode left onto the 12 at a traffic light junction and it was a short section before the next lights, it was a long 4 way wait and 2 big scoots turn up along side I notice one was an Xmax not sure about the other, I gave a nod and they nodded and gave a wave back. 

They took off like blue torch paper had ignited ???? I just followed but kept back and they got up to about 130 I then got closer and one duck down into streamlined position, I accelerated pulled up along side and waved then disappeared, it was a nice section of road to my Historical park turn off. 

So let's read between the lines....! 555

They got off so fast before you could let the clutch out, only could see blue torch out of their exhaust , way ahead....555

For a long stretch couldn't catch up with them, even up to 130kph..., so ride behind them...555

Of course public roads being dangerous to go any faster they slowed down, so you finally passed ...555... !!! lol

And forgot to say what cc bike you were on that posted this to brag ....!? I mean, I passed a MSlaz the other day but forgot to post, ...having double it's cc I didn't think it was necessary, maybe I should...555

Take it easy, ride safe....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Agusts said:

So let's read between the lines....! 555

They got off so fast before you could let the clutch out, only could see blue torch out of their exhaust , way ahead....555

For a long stretch couldn't catch up with them, even up to 130kph..., so ride behind them...555

Of course public roads being dangerous to go any faster they slowed down, so you finally passed ...555... !!! lol

And forgot to say what cc bike you were on that posted this to brag ....!? I mean, I passed a MSlaz the other day but forgot to post, ...having double it's cc I didn't think it was necessary, maybe I should...555

Take it easy, ride safe....

So funny it's no brag it was a typical action of girly big scoot laughable twist and go riders whacking the throttle full open at the traffic lights to take off.

That's what the thread is about mush.

I have posted I don't bother taking off quickly from traffic lights going green, I go off in 1st and change to 2nd and then I can roll on to 175 kph if I want but change to 3rd before that and can pull along side within 50 metres wave and disappear. ????????

• Haha 2

On 7/23/2021 at 10:35 AM, Kwasaki said:

I wouldn't want advice from you.

What if you are the only one waiting at the traffic lights. ????????

Still no reply - most probably not a rider.

Anyone who says the safest place to ride is in the middle of a pack of bikes has Zero experience - or credibility.

5 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Anyone who says the safest place to ride is in the middle of a pack of bikes has Zero experience - or credibility.

I concur, when on a bike make your space back and front and sideways. ????

22 hours ago, Kwasaki said:
22 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Expand  

I concur, when on a bike make your space back and front and sideways. ????

Why would I bother replying to hostile comments. 
You guys carrying on like school yard bullies. Grow up delinquents. 
I made an Innocuous commitment which is my prerogative as a TV member. 
There's no need to antagonise, you're just looking for someone to react. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

No need to get upset,  to be fair it was a good call in response to your comment to warn other bike riders not to do as you suggest.

38 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

So do you ride ? If so - what ?

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

So do you ride ? If so - what ?

I've lived in Thailand for more than 20 years. I bought my first scooter, yamaha mio 2002, I've owned many scooters now have a pcx150. It's simple to park and manoeuvre through traffic.
2010 I bought a Buell, 4 years later a Diavel, now I own an xdiavel.
To each their own, a big scooter is not my cup of tea, I enjoy being in the company of any bike rider that respects the safety of themselves and others. 
Take care out there. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I've lived in Thailand for more than 20 years. I bought my first scooter, yamaha mio 2002, I've owned many scooters now have a pcx150. It's simple to park and manoeuvre through traffic.
To each their own, a big scooter is not my cup of tea, I enjoy being in the company of any bike rider that respects the safety of themselves and others. 
Take care out there. 

I am amazed, with your experience, that you think the most safe place to ride is in the middle of a group of bikes.

The most safe place to ride is ahead of the traffic behind you, behind the traffic ahead of you. Then you only have to watch out for oncoming traffic and those overtaking you.

9 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

I am amazed, with your experience, that you think the most safe place to ride is in the middle of a group of bikes.

The most safe place to ride is ahead of the traffic behind you, behind the traffic ahead of you. Then you only have to watch out for oncoming traffic and those overtaking you.

On my pcx that's where I am 

39 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Take care out there. 

Xdiavel Italian for devil if I remember,  that bike is nearly top speed fast as my bike, I can remember what it's like doing high speed on a naked bike been there done that years ago not nice.

Having the intermediate power of acceleration though must be nice. 

That's what I like about my bike not so much top speed. 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2021 at 8:59 PM, canthai55 said:

Honda Forza 300 - 25 HP 189 Kg 

500X - 47 HP 195 Kg

Says it all

My new 2021 Forza 350 has 29HP, and that is all I need. I have a lifetime of experience driving motorbikes, and Thailand is the last place in the world I would want to ride a large bike. Very few places to really open it up, dreadful drivers on the road, and no need to ever go faster than 120kph, for me. It handles great, feels great, looks great, and rides like the wind. 

I prefer longevity, and avoiding loss of limb, to the occasional thrill of super fast speeds on these roads. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

My new 2021 Forza 350 has 29HP, and that is all I need. I have a lifetime of experience driving motorbikes, and Thailand is the last place in the world I would want to ride a large bike. Very few places to really open it up, dreadful drivers on the road, and no need to ever go faster than 120kph, for me. It handles great, feels great, looks great, and rides like the wind. 

I prefer longevity, and avoiding loss of limb, to the occasional thrill of super fast speeds on these roads. 

Me, I like the weight of a 1200cc bike at 120Kph. But seldom go faster.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Thailand is the last place in the world I would want to ride a large bike. Very few places to really open it up, dreadful drivers on the road, and no need to ever go faster than 120kph, for me. 

"For me" as you say is your apionion, fair call.

Where I live in Thailand there's many roads you can do high speed and if you have riden all over Thailand you would know there are so many more roads where high speed can be done. 

The thing for me is not so much  high speed it's the thrill of acceleration no scoot has that for me,  they are all very dull. 

• Like 2

Last trip to Singapore, Thai border enroute KL

Poking along at 150 - see lights in the mirror a long way back. Hmmmm

Not 15 seconds later the first car came past me - 911. Then couple Ferrari, Aston Martin DB, Lambos, Skyline, ...

Wish I had a faster bike - could have caught them - R1 maybe !!! 555

But on my Dyna so no chance.

Nice to have a blocker when doing those speeds - lots of FUN !

Roads capable of these speeds here in LOS too - just gotta pick your time and place

• Like 2

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

R1 maybe

R1 no problem, my son in Uk did a few mods because he likes to do 1/4 mile drag.

On the rolling road after dyno work it was punching 215 mph ( about 350 kph).