The big cc scoots

Kwasaki

Around town anything above 150cc is a waste.  Even the highways put limitations on reasonable cc sizes here given the stray dogs, food carts, potholes and a multitude of unpredictable hazards.  Unless you are lucky enough to live in a sparsely populated rural area with a good piece of asphalt you will find cruising around 80-90 km per hour for safety reasons.  In America or Europe a big bike presents many more opportunities for safe high speed travels.  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

not sure what you mean about touring or long distance ?

Often do 3-400k rides with no bother 

Usually only do one or 2 nights away, but that's through choice, not the bike

No good for town ? Just like any big bike, you can either filter through or you wait till clear, maybe you prefer a Wave / Although it is much more suited to running around towns

Yeah everyone's different when it comes to bikes or what I call scoots.

People have toured all of Thailand on a Wave, not something I would do.

Opinions are OK here too many people don't even like bikes.

37 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

X max, 2 helmet lockable compartment 

Kawasaki ???

Room for a least a couple of shopping bags when wearing helmets

Kawasaki ??

Top box, back pack, Tank bag.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

In a nation of habitual red light runners, I don't think being first away on green is being 'much safer' at all. Even the idiots on 4-wheels mostly hold back on green, just in case someone wants to 'get ahead of the traffic.'

Like he said you check first and the way some traffic lights sequences work at junctions you can make a safe judgement to go first.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

Around town anything above 150cc is a waste.  Even the highways put limitations on reasonable cc sizes here given the stray dogs, food carts, potholes and a multitude of unpredictable hazards.  Unless you are lucky enough to live in a sparsely populated rural area with a good piece of asphalt you will find cruising around 80-90 km per hour for safety reasons.  In America or Europe a big bike presents many more opportunities for safe high speed travels.  

Fair call and I'm lucky have nice roads around and about and further out.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Agusts said:

From my experience going at traffic or slow spead on Thai roads is a bad idea, like 80-90kph on main roads etc.  , when there are other vehicles around (unlike in western countries, which is quite safe and fine)...

Also I hate being behind a big truck or van not being able to see ahead and take all their smoke for miles and miles...

I found going a bit faster and ahead of traffic here is safer, rather than being at the mercy of others, not cut me off or push me off my lane or run me over from behind, if I go a bit faster I am the one who has to take care of myself and not doing those things to others - which I'm careful not to do. Kind of in charge of my own destiny, and I think I prefer it that way... (we are talking bikes here, with bikes you can get away from traffic easier than cars)..., a few times that I slow down I get jammed from side, behind and front, I actually get scared that I could have accident any minute ....!!! 

So for this we need a bike that can do that, has enough acceleration and speed to get away from traffic, in town, up the hills, on highway etc. , small scooters can do that in town. Forza and Xmax can do it just about most places, but I always wish just a bit more would have been nice....555, don't you always...! ...lol  (there are TMax and XAdv and Burgman 650, but their are just too big and expensive)

I like to plan routes away from cities if I can. 

Many roads off the main routes are very good. 

You mean your talking big scoots I know there referred to as bikes but not really in my definition. 555

The Forza 750 scoot is coming 175 kph alledgely but you will shave slow a bit for some cars and trucks to keep your safe space. 

24 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

You mean your talking big scoots I know there referred to as bikes but not really in my definition. 555

The Forza 750 scoot is coming 175 kph alledgely but you will shave slow a bit for some cars and trucks to keep your safe space. 

Don't get too hung up about motorbike (not bike, that's a bicycle. .555) or scooter, both have two wheels, do very similar things, if you are concerned about your leg position and what is between your legs, you will have a lot of more problems than these names in LOS .... 5555 !!! ...lol

Forza 750 will be as big as XAdv and as expensive..., as many of times mentioned here, the best configuration is to have two bikes, a small scooter for town and a big bike for out of town. However, failing that, a cheap maxi scooter might just do the trick...

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Agusts said:

Don't get too hung up about motorbike (not bike, that's a bicycle. .555) or scooter, both have two wheels, do very similar things, if you are concerned about your leg position and what is between your legs, you will have a lot of more problems than these names in LOS .... 5555 !!! ...lol

Forza 750 will be as big as XAdv and as expensive..., as many of times mentioned here, the best configuration is to have two bikes, a small scooter for town and a big bike for out of town. However, failing that, a cheap maxi scooter might just do the trick...

Yeah my transportation in Thailand has always consisted of a truck,  big motorbike, a scoot, bicycle. 

An Oz mate left a Wave at my place so run I around on that as well. 

Covid has mess up my motorbike ride out mostly but have many good roads around us to give it a blast every week. 

3 hours ago, Joinaman said:

X max, 2 helmet lockable compartment 

Kawasaki ???

Room for a least a couple of shopping bags when wearing helmets

Kawasaki ??

Ya ya ya.

Congrats.

Just sayin the Ninja300 is faster & quicker than Forza300.

Try to keep up with the discussion.

47 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I rarely go above 120 on my chain driven bike but a CVT scooter will still be the first one across the junction.

For your chain driven bike maybe but I know you well enough for you to know what is said, a bigger cc proper motorbike would be quicker than a scoot.  

55 minutes ago, papa al said:

Ya ya ya.

Congrats.

Maybe my title should of been        "Big bike speed Vs big scoots speed". 555????

5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:
5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

In a nation of habitual red light runners, I don't think being first away on green is being 'much safer' at all. Even the idiots on 4-wheels mostly hold back on green, just in case someone wants to 'get ahead of the traffic.'

Like he said you check first and the way some traffic lights sequences work at junctions you can make a safe judgement to go first.

Thainess 101: you are only as safe as the idiot who doesn't give a flying fark about light timing and steams on through on a 5-second old red with the hazards on. You've all seen the videos. Why does anyone think it can't happen to them?

As for me, I've only ever seen it once, a high speed t-bone of the "green-means-go" guy who was in the lane next to me. Once was enough though, especially for him.

But as they say, up 2 u.

21 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I guess this is why I wanted a discussion, they may beat a Ninja 300 away but if it was a 500x upwards or 650 Ninja no way would they beat it away from stand still if the rider of the big capacity bike wanted to be first away.  

This is just the miss conception these twist and go riders of big scoots think.

Which sports bike rider is interested to race with a scooter?

wheeling-scooter.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Which sports bike rider is interested to race with a scooter?

wheeling-scooter.jpg

None thats the point it's big scoots that wanna race you.

The owners mostly have no idea what the difference is.

5 hours ago, papa al said:

Ya ya ya.

Congrats.

But who asked about Ninjas >? What has that got to do with Scoots ?

Do read the posts first and see what it is about , maybe you could then keep up 

5 hours ago, papa al said:

Ya ya ya.

Congrats.

Eventually but the Forza will be away from the lights first. At what speed/distance the Ninja will eventually pass I don't know. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

For your chain driven bike maybe but I know you well enough for you to know what is said, a bigger cc proper motorbike would be quicker than a scoot.  

just curious what speed people with  big  bikes ride at ?

I ride the old man x max, and dont see too many big bikes going past me, although they are more than able to

Do you go mad, riding at 150-200kph on normal roads ?

Just now, VocalNeal said:

1 minute ago, VocalNeal said:

Eventually but the Forza will be away from the lights first. At what speed/distance the Ninja will eventually pass I don't know. 

and what speed would you ride a Ninja on normal roads ?

But still not sure why you chose a Ninja in your post, why not decent bikes, ,of which many will leave a scoot behind, if wanted 

Well, the fair comparison would be to have a manual geared bike with exact same torque, HP and weight as Forza , then have a race..., bring it on...! 

Of course a higher performance bike, sorry, vehicle (!) , with lower weight , will beat a lower spec vehicle in a race..., dah ....5555

1 hour ago, Joinaman said:

just curious what speed people with  big  bikes ride at ?

I ride the old man x max, and dont see too many big bikes going past me, although they are more than able to

Do you go mad, riding at 150-200kph on normal roads ?

Xmax is a scooter, most people ride em, it's different seat positon, different power arrangement, like em or hate em.

Big bikes from say 400 is no comparison, motorcycle riders, bikers don't think much about scooters usually there interest is their bike and enjoy acceleration speeds within gear ranges and changing gear.

So why do you say do I go mad riding at 150 or 200 kph on normal roads that makes no sense, there's many roads in Thailand where you can do that speed safely enough on a motorbike and go even faster.

That's typical of a scoot rider who has no comprehension of what big bikes are capable of.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joinaman said:

But who asked about Ninjas >? What has that got to do with Scoots ?

Do read the posts first and see what it is about , maybe you could then keep up 

You should ask yourself if you read the OP 1st post.

Edited by Kwasaki

1 hour ago, Joinaman said:

and what speed would you ride a Ninja on normal roads ?

But still not sure why you chose a Ninja in your post, why not decent bikes, ,of which many will leave a scoot behind, if wanted 

All the Ninja range are excellent bikes.

1 hour ago, Agusts said:

Well, the fair comparison would be to have a manual geared bike with exact same torque, HP and weight as Forza , then have a race..., bring it on...! 

Of course a higher performance bike, sorry, vehicle (!) , with lower weight , will beat a lower spec vehicle in a race..., dah ....5555

I would say if the same torque, HP as you suggest, the rider of the bike would need to be a experienced rider, that would be the difference.