US Embassy Health Alert: COVID-19 Vaccine Opportunity for U.S. Citizens

Embassy!
Please do this in PATTAYA ASAP.

We have so many HIGH RISK expats in Pattaya that have been able to register for jabs in BANGKOK in late July and August.

But there is a catch. 

Problems with travel restrictions, even quarantines, just to go in for a day.

Will DRIVERS even be willing to take us?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

On the plus side, at least they (the powers that be) get to see how dire the situation is.  

Ya'll (USDOS) still might have some time, before the negative stories start to roll in.   

Biggest issue I have with the email sent out this morning was “how many vaccine slots will be available????

If the actual number is below a 1000 then I would have not even bothered to check.  This is setting up people for a major letdown.  Also, at least indicate in the email this event is primarily for those Americans who are in the greater Bangkok area not the rest of Thailand.  

Would anyone really fly into BKK from a lower risk zone at this time?  Also, if this is the AZ vaccine then when will the 2nd dose be administered?  Ah, those little pesky things called “details”.  I used to give the US Embassy/Consulate in Thailand the benefit of the the doubt but not anymore. 

From now I will consider the US Embassy/Consulate for just one thing:  Replace and/or renew my passport(of course I have to pay for this).  PERIOD. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Embassy!

We have so many HIGH RISK expats in Pattaya that have been able to register for jabs in BANGKOK in late July and August.

But there is a catch. 

The embassy isn't even doing this in Bangkok - this is completely a Thai government program, and all the embassy is doing is passing along information (and eventually having to call people, since the Thai government form forgot to include a space for email address).

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Embassy!

But there is a catch. 

you can drive in and out ive done it 2 times last week,ignore the cretins and get on with life

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

And that the U.S. Embassy has more information than we do regarding the scope of this wave. The reality of U.S. citizens dying here may be sinking in.

If you die, they don't have to pay you Social Security. Plus they can write your carbon footprint off from future carbon-credit negotiations.  It's a Win-Win for the US government.  So please!  Die of Covid!

Regarding you dying of Covid because you can't get vaccinated?
Really - the US government would be happy to hear of your sacrifice to decrease their Social Security obligations and you're one less whinging US farang harping about vaccinations, bugging your Congressional representatives, and wasting government time and energy.

Look - we gave all US expats in Thailand 24 hours notice for all you pathetic losers to make travel arrangements and look!  All most all of you chose not to reply.  It's your decision.  Now shut up and stop complaining.  The US Government stepped up to the plate and you all ignored their magnanimous offer for vaccines.  That's enough.  Don't ask for anything else.  The US Embassy doesn't want to be slapped in the face by you ungrateful American-haters.  Now come-on man!  Get over it you dog-faced pony soldiers!  Hurry up and die already!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Newnative, I agree with you 100%.  My issue is not the vaccine “opportunity” but how the US Embassy sent this message out.  Short on details and implying that they are doing something to help Americans in Thailand.  I believe it was the Austrian Embassy that sent out a message that 100 vaccine appointments would be available in BKK.  This is the kind of information that is actually useful.  

Agree, it was a gesture but poorly plan to make a joint announcement along with the Aussie, rumor Canadians with limited doses this should never have been done but I do hope those who got appointments actually get their shots and not be turn away!

• Like 1

I don't understand why it is so difficult for people to grasp what this is about. Everyone is b**ching and moaning about their embassy when the embassy had nothing to do with it other than to give you the link to register. As far as I can see, all the foreign embassies got the same notification which they in turn sent out to their citizens. It states that vaccines are extremely limited. Australians were registering for appointments at 1:00, the US at 4:00, etc. It also says in the notification that when you register, you will be sending your information directly to the Thai government, not your embassy. People, this is a Thai government dog and pony show so they can show what they are doing for foreigners. Nothing more. The foreign embassies did not initiate it and had no control over it. Quit your whining and put the blame where it lies.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Since the pandemic began up to now the best way for US citizens to get vaccinated is to go back to a US State or territory. It's costly, inconvenient and annoying but the only way you can be sure you get vaccinated for now.