Domestic Flights being cancelled.

Golfhack

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I think they are canceled along with most other flights.

Chiang Mai, Chonburi and Rayong are all on the restricted list.

See this news article. https://aseannow.com/topic/1224524-thailand to-halt-local-flights-in-covid-risk-areas/

Thanks as always Ubon Joe!  Not to hijack the thread, we in the newly designated Red Zones can not find what this means as far as restrictions and it is supposed to go into affect tomorrow.  After 30 min of searching, I can only find very old definitions on non-official websites for each color that I know are not correct.  Any help that I can then pass on would be very appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Edited by DrPhibes
Spelling

On 7/19/2021 at 3:18 AM, ubonjoe said:

I think they are canceled along with most other flights.

Chiang Mai, Chonburi and Rayong are all on the restricted list.

See this news article. https://aseannow.com/topic/1224524-thailand to-halt-local-flights-in-covid-risk-areas/

It's very difficult to keep up isn't it? I'm a bit confused by  flights in connection with the government's tourism reopening programs. Which flights would be included in this? Is it for example flights into Phuket for domestic tourists although they will have had to pass through Bangkok.

I was hoping things would improve before I came back but it seems to be getting worse so I'll probably have to just get on and book the flight. I'm just not sure how I'll get home to Mahasarakham. If I can't fly from Phuket would I have to go by bus? That's not something I'd relish. I might be better off going through quarantine in Bangkok as at least the bus journey isn't so bad and I've done it before.

My wife says this flight ban only lasts until the end of July but I don't know if that's true. It could still be extended of course.