50 million more doses of Pfizer vaccine, more Moderna expected to be purchased

webfact

38 minutes ago, club said:

Wouldn't it be better to announce this when the 20m promised doses of Pfizer gets their contract signed and the same with the 5 mil Moderna? 

Or after they've actually arrived in the magic kingdom?

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

the problem I see here is the use of some words that lead to misunderstandings,,, LIKELY, EXPECTED TO E PURCHASED that means nothing has been done or is done or will be done

Amen

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

This makes interesting reading and looks like there could be some skulduggery going on, not to mention gross profiteering amongst the government and an "associated" Thai bio-company.

If so, it is disgusting.

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/thg-head-stock-purchases-before-questionable-pfizer-news?utm_source=Thaiger+Daily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2021-07-19

They simply can not help themselves can they?

Of course ultimately this will end with a 500 baht fine and a wai for a misunderstanding.

• Like 2

I think that the fix is still in to use Sinovac and AZ and to sell as much of the AZ as possible to other countries.  I don't see much being spent on foreign vaccines.   We will probably see some additional pay-up-front schemes for foreign vaccines.  People are dreaming that first priority will be given to people's health and welfare.  Dreams can easily evaporate!

Before any manufacturer is going to accept, let alone fulfill any order, they are at the very least going to require independently verified guarantees that the money will be there to pay for them. I suspect, no I am quite sure, that the government are unable to make those guaranties. Therefore any talk of amounts, proposals, orders pending and all the rest is simply pie in the sky.

1 hour ago, DogNo1 said:

I think that the fix is still in to use Sinovac and AZ and to sell as much of the AZ as possible to other countries.  I don't see much being spent on foreign vaccines.   We will probably see some additional pay-up-front schemes for foreign vaccines.  People are dreaming that first priority will be given to people's health and welfare.  Dreams can easily evaporate!

Unless and uUntil the government actually purchases large quantities of the mRNA vaccines, your supposition is a reasonable one.

11 hours ago, smedly said:

too late, you messed up already, you can publish this stuff daily for the next 6 months it won't make any difference, there is no way to recover from that

why not do the right thing

rope or run ?

Sure you are, still waiting for the 5 mil Moderna you lied about and never ordered and the 20 mil Pfizer you lied about and never ordered. Your plan is to keep lying to everyone about buying Pfizer and Moderna. But China will allow you to except donations.  Your plan is the China deal you secretly made with them. Buy china vaccines only . Order more Sinovac and  Mix with  AZ . To bad people wont take the Sinovac

22 hours ago, John Drake said:

Does he realize these companies will want money for their vaccines?

The soldiers running the country need money for submarines, tanks, helicopters, not to mention their space programme. Why should they bother about vaccines?

6 hours ago, club said:

Your plan is the China deal you secretly made with them. Buy china vaccines only .

I did read online that Sinovac is costing the Thai Govt 4 times what it costs to buy the AZ vaccine.......I wonder why????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, xylophone said:

I did read online that Sinovac is costing the Thai Govt 4 times what it costs to buy the AZ vaccine.......I wonder why????????

2 words come to mind """ Brown Envelopes """  555

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 10:28 AM, webfact said:

50 million more doses of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine and an unspecified amount of Moderna vaccine are likely to be purchased by Thailand, to address the continual surge in infections and deaths, according to Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul yesterday (Sunday).

With all of the reports on the volume of vaccines "they are going to purchase" Thailand should have enough to supply both China and India with the leftovers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1