Thailand warns daily COVID-19 cases could hit 30,000 in worst case

snoop1130

I know let's have another Lockdown, it hasn't worked out yet but lets go for it again This nonsense is being repeated throughout the world, stay at home numbers down go out numbers will go up stay at home numbers down go out numbers up stay home numbers down  I'm not the sharpest tool in the box but I'm seeing a pattern here lockdowns don't work. Vaccines do work all you have to do is invent one and give everyone a shot which is why the UK are returning to normal which really makes me proud  even though I'm  Irish ????????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/20/2021 at 12:27 AM, Frank Abegnale said:

It COULD hit 30k, . . . or it might not. 

If you’re testing 10000 per day that are positive and you test 10000 tomorrow you will have the same result tomorrow,does anyone know how many tests are done every day?? So the true figure could be higher 

3 hours ago, AndyFoxy said:

Ok....let me restate.

In my humble opinion, it is entirely likely that the numbers are at 30K by now. Better?

Pity you hadn't done that in the first place instead of presenting the same as facts. 

14 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

TAT and the government said in 120 days Thailand will be opened. So I guess then Covid will not be a problem anymore. But perhaps this is just a new version of the Thai "tomorrow". The day that will not come so soon... 

Of course TAT maybe expecting a wave of undertakers , pharma salesmen and of course runners for vulture capitalists who may wish to buy up failed businesses at knockoff prices , tuktuks, jetskis,jets, stores, haws and even whole dumps from their Jinn-ha and Tcheow Chou chums. New plan is to have country only open from seven to eleven one grocer, one cement company and cement shoes for thise who differ.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, rabang said:

I don't know for how long time people will have energy fllowing these numbers and live in fear. One and half years should be enough but its doesn't seem that way. Maybe five years?

Relax. The vaccines were only launched in December and are already making a big difference where they were adopted early. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Relax. The vaccines were only launched in December and are already making a big difference where they were adopted early. 

As in Israel where they are planning new lockdowns with cases surging?

14 hours ago, hotchilli said:

The difference being from the UK to here is that after vaccination infection is less likely to hospitalise or kill people, 

It's just unfortunate we have a government that's hardly vaccinated anyone... 

Yes

Wondering about the 5% claim when Al Jazeera reported closer to 1%. "Reports" of negotiations with vaccine producers who say " Whoa. Haven't heard a word."

Who is more likely to be lying? No percentage in it for the manufacturers who are all to the wall trying to meet demand.

I smell something Trumpishy in Paradise.

• Sad 1

On 7/19/2021 at 6:35 PM, daveAustin said:

Indeed. 10k+ positives a day from 70,000 tests. Imagine if they tested one million per day!

Exactly 

Why does this simple statement of fact elude so many on here.

So ridiculous to pontificate about recorded cases when actual infections could be 5 or 10 times that number.

The sheer incompetence of this Thai administration has guaranteed that the situation will remain dire all year , until mass vaccination is achieved the end game has not even started.

3 hours ago, rabang said:

I don't know for how long time people will have energy fllowing these numbers and live in fear. One and half years should be enough but its doesn't seem that way. Maybe five years?

Its pretty straight forward really , vaccinate the majority of the population and relative normality comes into play.

I wasn't here for over the year and just can't believe what is going on in this country...

Rest of the world is waking up from this <deleted> and lie and over there still brainwashing even expats????????????

• Confused 1

On 7/19/2021 at 7:19 PM, ripstanley said:

If testing was increased then that number may already be surpassed.

they charge 800 tb for testing that what i paye in thai hospital in udon thani my wife and my son 1600tb...and we have to wait 3 days for the result...

4 hours ago, gigman said:

I wasn't here for over the year and just can't believe what is going on in this country...

Rest of the world is waking up from this <deleted> and lie and over there still brainwashing even expats????????????

Actually most of the people in the world remain unvaccinated.

23 hours ago, hotchilli said:

If they're hinting that it might happen you can bet your last dinner it's going to reach those numbers..

Not really.... that suggests the latest measures are a complete waste of time... more the numbers are simply being used as a fear factor. 

27 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Not really.... that suggests the latest measures are a complete waste of time... more the numbers are simply being used as a fear factor. 

Not so sure, the numbers were escalating in Bangkok so many were leaving for home provinces.

Now the Delta variant is starting to take hold across the country I think those numbers are achievable.