Leaked letters show AstraZeneca vaccine commitment not as Thailand claimed

webfact

18 minutes ago, madmitch said:

No comment from AZ, also no comment from Anutin or any Government official...not even someone denouncing this as fake news.

Still trying to figure out how to spin it 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Olivie said:

Thailand, like a lot of asian countries, where the first/second waves were not that hard, did not order enough vaccine.
Europe and USA which had big and deadly firsts waves purchased a lot of vaccine.

Results: Europe and USA will have a "normal" life with much less restriction than a lot of asian countries during 2022.

Is that why they lied about how much AZ they originally ordered

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

but who's to say what the future mutation will bring...

I was reading in an English newspaper that scientists are saying that a more deadly variant is a case of when ..... not if

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

"Rough estimate"? "Overestimate"?

Seriously?

Thank goodness you were not involved.

3 mm doses per month means that the target (50 mm people/2X) would be fully vaccinated in 33 months. That's nearly three years! 

They've proven the capacity to administer 6 mm doses per month, without working much on Sat & Sun. With maximum effort they could administer ~ 7.5 mm doses per month.

3 mm was a wholly incompetent estimate. 

Please don't defend the indefensible. 

I'm surprised this clown's construction company ever got anything built on time and budget. And let's not ask about the airport.

You don't really believe what you just wrote.  3 mil a month?????  Logically think that through and it fails on every level.  Not trying to be confrontational but people that claim to know how to handle this pandemic lack the ability to see through their own biases.  Sure you are a great bloke but only seeing what you want to see is not productive.

If the Thai government used your approach it would take 3 years but thankfully they are not.  Hint: how would other vaccines impact that three year timeline?

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, BestB said:

how these 2 sleep at night is beyond me.

It legitimately blows my mind how it's 2021 and people STILL ask this question

Most people in power are able to sleep soundly because they don't give the tiniest you know what about others and the greater good. As long as they're profiting and maintaining their position of power, they're able to compartmentalize and/or justify every horrific decision that's being made by telling themselves that someone else that if not them, then someone else would be doing MUCH worse for the ordinary citizen. And that's assuming this hypothetical person has a conscience

In reality, most can sleep easily because they don't give the tiniest **** about the people they're representing. As long as the profits keep coming in, they'll do whatever it takes to maintain the power

Moral of the story:  THERE'S NO GOOD IN GOVERNMENT. It's all a bunch of self-serving ***holes and the sooner you come to terms with this, the better

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

It must be a shock to these arrogant, pontificating Thai officials to have someone contradict them with facts. 

In Thailand they get to lie with impunity while everyone nods along, terrified of calling them out in case it causes loss of face. 

Exactly right. The uniforms are so used to lying with impunity that when more responsible countries and companies expose their lies it must come as an enormous shock.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

So be it. The problem is not if they got 6 or 10 million per month. The problem is where the vaccines are. Let´s say they got at least 50 million doses since Sept 2020. How come only 3,5 million of the population got full vaccine (7 million doses) and another 7 million only one shot (7 million doses)? That´s a total of 14 million doses. Where are the other 36 million that should have been administered?

Where indeed have they gone,

careful with your suggestions don't want to get into trouble do we chaps.

42 minutes ago, phills2k1 said:

It legitimately blows my mind how it's 2021 and people STILL ask this question

Most people in power are able to sleep soundly because they don't give the tiniest you know what about others and the greater good. As long as they're profiting and maintaining their position of power, they're able to compartmentalize and/or justify every horrific decision that's being made by telling themselves that someone else that if not them, then someone else would be doing MUCH worse for the ordinary citizen. And that's assuming this hypothetical person has a conscience

In reality, most can sleep easily because they don't give the tiniest **** about the people they're representing. As long as the profits keep coming in, they'll do whatever it takes to maintain the power

Moral of the story:  THERE'S NO GOOD IN GOVERNMENT. It's all a bunch of self-serving ***holes and the sooner you come to terms with this, the better

Similar explanations I offer my wife when she asks herself and me how these people can live with It:

"Look , it's like pickpockets or con artists, it's their job for a living, why should they sleep badly or even have a guilty conscience as long as they get away with it?"

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Almer said:

Where indeed have they gone,

careful with your suggestions don't want to get into trouble do we chaps.

Oh, I know. No suggestions here. Just want to know where they are. If they are gone, so be it. Life goes on.......Always look at the bright side of life......

1 minute ago, Gottfrid said:

Oh, I know. No suggestions here. Just want to know where they are. If they are gone, so be it. Life goes on.......Always look at the bright side of life......

You want to know where what is?

Honestly, stop being so cryptic.

I think you misunderstand the situation. You seem to think that shipments commenced from Sep. 2020. No, that's when discussions started being held between AZ and THL.

Very few AZ doses have been shipped to THL, either from outside the country, or from the local producer.

Last I saw was 4.7 mm doses shipped, and maybe another 1.3 mm (June 16 - 26) . So ~ 6 mm, which aligns with the ~ 4.5 mm doses of AZ administered to date.

6 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

You want to know where what is?

Honestly, stop being so cryptic.

I think you misunderstand the situation. You seem to think that shipments commenced from Sep. 2020. No, that's when discussions started being held between AZ and THL.

Very few AZ doses have been shipped to THL, either from outside the country, or from the local producer.

Last I saw was 4.7 mm doses shipped, and maybe another 1.3 mm (June 16 - 26) . So ~ 6 mm, which aligns with the ~ 4.5 mm doses of AZ administered to date.

Oh, hi it´s you again. Please don´t destroy my good feeling.

One lie after the other. Vietnam who was far behind Thailand is even able to get the MRNA vaccine faster. Reminds me of the song. its not about the money, money, money....Welcome to Banana republic.

2 hours ago, ftpjtm said:

Thailand handled the lockdownn phase of the pandemic, up until December 2020, better than European or American countries. 

But lockdowns are a pandemic delay tactic which should be used to prepare for the pandemic endgame, the vaccine phase. 

Every European and American country (as well as most Asian nations) have handled the current vaccination phase of the pandemic better than Thailand. 

Perfectly stated.  When there were no difficult decisions to be made, the leaders in SE Asia performed extremely well.  But literally the moment things got tough, well, I'd say it was like a chicken with its head cut off but I don't want to insult chickens. 

"Whatever will be will be" will likely go down as the most damning statement made with every subsequent decision made being the most damning that most have unfortunately faced here

8 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

The Government lying once again, all to save face, and think the minions won't notice, 

And to quote the PM "we have everything under control" 

Also to quote the unelected PM "there will be no coup". ????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ftpjtm said:

It's fantastic to see this plethora of leaked documents. Obviously many of Prayrut's former supporters are fed up with this train wreck of an administration. 

I think I'm feeling the winds of change...

Yes, the winds of change are sure blowing, just wait till the protesters really start.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sharecropper said:

I'm guessing these leaks are coming from a "company" close to Astra Zeneca, and who tower over the government in the background, who have a vested interest in not having the "company" being scapegoated and lied about by politicians.

I would say that AZ leaked the documents without a shadow of a doubt. They are already being sued by the EU for non-performance of contract and now facing possible legal action from Indonesia, Vietnam, Taiwan, the Philippines, Malaysia and Brunei for the same thing. This time is not their fault and they need to let everyone understand.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, webfact said:

AstraZeneca Plc has told Thailand it should be able to supply around 6 million doses of its COVID-19 vaccine per month, leaked correspondence showed, contradicting assertions by Thai officials that the government had been promised 10 million.

always 2 versions to a fact/statement.... my principle is to Never trust/believe anything out of any Thai official mouth

34 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

I would say that AZ leaked the documents without a shadow of a doubt. They are already being sued by the EU for non-performance of contract and now facing possible legal action from Indonesia, Vietnam, Taiwan, the Philippines, Malaysia and Brunei for the same thing. This time is not their fault and they need to let everyone understand.

It may not be their fault, but it's certainly their responsibility. And given that they chose to work with a company that had never manufactured a vaccine before, and that vaccine being used to counter a pandemic. I'd say they were at fault.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, phills2k1 said:

Scores of vaccinated people dying?  They've had 23 deaths in the past 30 days. And that's total, not broken down to vaccinated and not vaccinated

I'm so glad there are a few people around with the nous and the time to debunk these scary rumors ... thank you ...

• Like 1