Jomtien beach restoration to cost 586 million baht

webfact

Meanwhile also at Jomtien Beach (Dongtan): 'They' continue to fell trees, the centre being between Rabbi Resort and the 2nd toilet building. But trees outside these limits are not safe, either. Wouldn't it be an idea to report on this, too?

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, visacrack said:

Meanwhile also at Jomtien Beach (Dongtan): 'They' continue to fell trees, the centre being between Rabbi Resort and the 2nd toilet building. But trees outside these limits are not safe, either. Wouldn't it be an idea to report on this, too?

A few weeks ago I was there when a large tree blew down, the next day they had trimmed the remaining trees a bit too much, and now several of them are dead too.

Edited by EdrigoSalvadore
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Waste of time and money but not for the muni boys who will use this project and milk it for all it worth, as soon as the first major storm comes what was spent will end up in the ocean.  You can't laid larger pipes to contain rain water then have them lead all the way to the ocean. All those Sukumvit center island storm drain lead down to just the beach! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Just under a thousand years ago, an English king worked out that you cannot hold back the waves.

Yet here we are............

Nice budget to play with though.

And what a silly <deleted> he was!

Oops, cannot put the name of an English king. C*nut*

Edited by KannikaP

3 hours ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

A few weeks ago I was there when a large tree blew down, the next day they had trimmed the remaining trees a bit too much, and now several of them are dead too.

How do your apparently 'funny' (judged by the claqueurs) statements coincide with reality, see the photos taken late this afternoon? 

Asking the workers, the motive for the 'works' remains not understandable - or does someone know what 'because linding' means?  Otherwise, they refer to a big boss. 

On the last photo, the organisation of the workers can be seen. Why doesn't this blog call them and ask for an explanation? I may be old-fashioned, but isn't that what journalism is all about? And I sent you this suggestion twice already, via Twitter. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, oxforddiver said:

GROYNES my dear, that's the answer.

Get with some Groynes.

Quite right , I wrote about this long time ago !  Without Groynes the cross current will wash away the sand in a matter of time and back to square one !!   It's not rocket science !!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Turned out pretty nice in Pattaya though.

We all know it will eventually just be given back to the ocean.

My thought also. Given the money and sand going onto Pattaya, they should just wait for a really good downpour and an outgoing tide and the Pattaya beach will give Jomtien all the sand they need for free.

You can't beat nature. It will put it all back where it should be in due course anyway.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Espanol said:

"The Harbor Department are spending 586 million baht on this section that runs from two hotels  Jomtien Chalet to U Jomtien Pattaya - a distance of 3,575 meters. "

There are only 240 meters from Jomtien Chalet to U Jomtien Pattaya: https://goo.gl/maps/vUQuxYbpyufgEP3G9

Jomtien Chalet    https://goo.gl/maps/YcvgUm5pN164iFjH9

U-Jomtien Pattaya https://g.page/UJomtien?share

“It’s all been a big misunderstanding”