Covid insurance for Thai Citizen returning via Sandbox

Chill27

Hi,

My Thai Girlfriend's COE has been rejected, because she needs to purchase Covid Insurance.

She's returning home to Thailand permanently following a UK holiday, so I do not know the duration of Insurance cover that I now need to purchase for her, 2 weeks, 30 years!!!

Has anyone else had to deal with this problem?

Also, all the policies seem to be for foreigners, and exclude Thais.

Anyone know where I can purchase this Insurance for her?

Thanks

If it's just a question of getting a piece of paper to meet the COE requirements, and she/you have no intention of actually trying to claim on the policy, then just get anything that meets the USD 100,000 coverage for whatever the minimum period available is. There's an online broker in the US called 'insubuy.com' that I looked at for precisely that purpose.

But if your gf is a Thai national returning to Thailand permanently then I'm surprised she needs to show any insurance. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

...But if your gf is a Thai national returning to Thailand permanently then I'm surprised she needs to show any insurance. 

For the "Phuket Sandbox" programme, both Thais and non-Thais need the USD 100k Covid-19 health insurance.

Source: https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/content/no-quarantine-phuket-sandbox?cate=5d6636c215e39c3bd0006cb5

29 minutes ago, khunPer said:

HERE, the official Covid-19 insurance site.

Thanks, but at the very top it states Covid Insurance for "Foreigners" not Thai's !

I've since heard back from the Thai Consular in London and a couple of Insurance companies.

No one can answer my specific question regarding duration of Cover, because quite obviously, this rule was imposed without it being thought through.

Stating "For duration of stay in Thailand" is simply not applicable in my Girlfriend's situation.

My best hope is that someone has had personal experience in dealing with this and could kindly inform me of what they did in order to obtain the COE.

22 minutes ago, Chill27 said:

Amazingly, this "Official Insurance" doesn't even comply with their own requirements of 100k US.

3.2 million baht cover, equates to less than 98k US,

Exchange rates when it was set probably.

• Like 1

Wasn't the whole idea of the "Phuket Sandbox" programme to attract foreign tourists? What does the publication in the Government Gazette say? Has anyone got a link to it?

Edited by Puccini