Foreigners in Siem Reap get vaccinated against COVID-19

geovalin

Siem Reap provincial authorities have begun the vaccination of foreigners residing and working in Siem Reap province against the COVID-19 pandemic. The vaccination, taking place in Siem Reap Provincial Referral Hospital, will last until July 23 or longer, said Mr. Lim Heng, the hospital’s Vice President, adding that about 700 people can get the jab each day.

The vaccination is free of charge and on voluntary basis, Mr. Lim Heng underlined. More than 2,000 foreigners have applied to Siem Reap provincial administration for the vaccination.

According to an announcement of the provincial administration, required documents for foreigners who wish to get vaccinated are passport, valid residence visa (as of July 30, 2021), and a medical certificate or prescription for any medication taken daily, if any.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50897986/foreigners-in-siem-reap-get-vaccinated-against-covid-19/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, geovalin said:

The vaccination is free of charge and on voluntary basis,

For reference, the vaccine used on persons I am acquainted with here in Siem Reap was Sinopharm. I diplomatically declined as I am an elderly insulin dependent type 2 diabetic and this vaccine is not recommended for me by the UK authorities. However, tomorrow (Friday 23 July) one million doses of AstraZeneca donated by Japan, are due to arrive under the COVAX scheme. Maybe I will be lucky in due course! 

• Like 1