As Covid-19 batters Thailand’s economy, even pawnshops are running out of customers

webfact

3 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

If you can't pay back they take the collateral, was thinking about that the other day, most Thais will have lost their gold. Then the bikes and cars will follow. 

Then those that have mortgages will be in trouble, it's sad. 

Don't know what is going on at present as tried to submit a COE online to get a friend back and the embassy Webb site is sending a#400 can not transfer data try again. 

Ive seen a other posts having the same problem. 

Maybe Thailand is closed now, I sent a email to get an answer about this and they haven't replied????? 

Sorry to hear of the newest troubles to befall one trying to return home here.

22 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Even if the Banks are sitting on massive amounts of NPL and special mention Loans, sooner or later that ugly figure will bubble to the top.

Thats when the S@@t hits the Fan.

Don't believe it. The corporados & banksters have their minions print more money. Problem solved.

14 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Don't believe it. The corporados & banksters have their minions print more money. Problem solved.

I think printing more Money for Thailand is not really an option because of the high Household and Corporate Debt Levels.

21 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

I think printing more Money for Thailand is not really an option because of the high Household and Corporate Debt Levels.

Actually, if they don't print more money then those high private debt levels are far more likely to lead to a crash.

9 hours ago, placeholder said:

It also depends on the country. A poor nation with little or nonexistent medical care most likely will do worse than a wealthy nation with a good public health system. Peru which is a middle income nation with a not great public health system had a mortality rate 8 times that of developed nations.

Yes. It'll vary by country depending on a few factors. Quality of heathcare system, age of population, lifestyle of population, all that stuff. For individuals like you and I, the most important thing we'd want to consider are our own personal underlying attributes and lifestyles.

18 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

This is all garbage, especially the WEF link, comic book level of psychopath evil villains.

Post numbers in THAILAND. We are talking about lockdowns and conditions here. Give me a real hospital census of under 50s in THAILAND. Don't tell me numbers are up 40%....40% of what? Are they still admitting people with ZERO symptoms into hospitals here?

15 hours ago, placeholder said:

So if Thailand never got vaccines, that would be the fault of the Chinese Govt?

What is your point?

It would be the sole fault of the Thai Government. 

It is the fault of the Chinese Government and their SARS Virus Lab in Wuhan that has forced the whole planet and 8 billion people to seek a vaccine.

And what did they do? Offer to clean up their mess., offer PPE to those countries that could not buy any? ? No. they made billions from selling PPE. They refuse to source the origin of this vile virus ...because they know full well where it came from. The lab or someone working there who got infected and went shopping in the market for his wild endangered animal.

Nasty work.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, harleyclarkey said:

What is your point?

It would be the sole fault of the Thai Government. 

It is the fault of the Chinese Government and their SARS Virus Lab in Wuhan that has forced the whole planet and 8 billion people to seek a vaccine.

And what did they do? Offer to clean up their mess., offer PPE to those countries that could not buy any? ? No. they made billions from selling PPE. They refuse to source the origin of this vile virus ...because they know full well where it came from. The lab or someone working there who got infected and went shopping in the market for his wild endangered animal.

Nasty work.

Putting the entire blame on China is the issue I was referring to. If it's entirely China's fault, then why did some nations do so much better than others? Is it China's fault that some nations have done a lot worse.

And you got proof that the virus came from the Wuhan Lab or even more bizarre, that it was someone from the lab who went shopping at the wild animal market? Stop touting speculation as fact.

5 hours ago, Joinaman said:

insane, why, maybe you should look in a mirror

This topic is about Thailand, not the world, so look at the figures for Thailand

3,500 deaths in 18 months ? out of a population of 69 million ?

and you say that's deadly ?

If it wasn't for the constant hype on here and the media, the majority of people wouldn't even know, or care about it

Even with around 70% reduction this year, influenza and pneumonia is killing more people than covid. and as you say or believe, "god knows how many other deaths are not recorded "

Long covid is a nice word too, sounds much better than" long pneumonia" or "long influenza" doesn't it , but  it may surprise you to know that long term major health issues also apply to Influenza and pneumonia

But you carry on hiding in your hobbit house, because its not good for people like you to be allowed outside. And whatever you do, dont walk, cycle, drive on the roads , cos even stupid people know more people die on the roads than covid,  

You seem to think Thailand exists in a vacuum , interesting lol.

5 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

KARMA - for all the Go Go Babes who cheated those lonely hearts from Europe, Australia, NZ and parts unknown....What comes around goes around....you can never, ever, ever hide from Karma!

You mean everyone who comes down with Covid is a lonely hearts grifter?

On 7/23/2021 at 2:39 AM, harleyclarkey said:

Nobody else but the ruling Chinese are responsible. 

You got to be pretty dumb to think the Chinese government intentionally infected their own people.

How about random luck being the cause?

Do you believe the people who win lotteries do it on purpose?

How about people killed in auto accidents?  Are they intentionally killing themselves? ????

6 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

You got to be pretty dumb to think the Chinese government intentionally infected their own people.

How about random luck being the cause?

Do you believe the people who win lotteries do it on purpose?

How about people killed in auto accidents?  Are they intentionally killing themselves? 

Me dumb? Take a look in a mirror. 

Do try to properly read any post before firing off ridiculous comments.

Read my post before posting such inane comments. I did not say it was deliberate 

The spread of the virus was/is not down to luck. As you are clearly not intelligent enough to understand I won't bother to explain. 

Edited by harleyclarkey

On 7/23/2021 at 1:58 PM, ThailandRyan said:

So the virus itself is not a threat, and people are not filling up the hospitals because they don't have covid. Additionally, opening up the country as you subscribe to will not add an even bigger burden on the medical staff or facilities in your view? Do you really believe this?, Can you please tell us more as maybe we can all learn from your scientific evidence.

Sweden?