Foreign tourists caught out by domestic flight ban offered free buses from Phuket Sandbox

webfact

26 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I doubt there are any one-way rentals...and the cost would likely be much higher. Private taxis and van shares to Bangkok are 10-20k.

Theres one way.  But your right and there definitely gauging.

I've included a few prices below Phuket airport to BKK airport.

For a family of four its about 2000.00 baht more than the "free" bus.

I know I would personally take an SUV to avoid a long bus in a bus with other people at this time during the pandemic.

I have an 20 month old baby and seven year old girl.  Its nice to stop when you want a Diaper change.

Prices below include insurance and taxes.

Screenshot_20210725-172425.jpg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I doubt there are any one-way rentals...and the cost would likely be much higher. Private taxis and van shares to Bangkok are 10-20k.

One way rentals are available but they are more expensive and I think the range of available vehicles is limited. How much it costs depends on how long you want it for which will probably depend on how far you have to go.

I've looked at this as a possibility for my return if flights aren't brought back. The Nok Air option looks like another possibility.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kimamey said:

One way rentals are available but they are more expensive and I think the range of available vehicles is limited. How much it costs depends on how long you want it for which will probably depend on how far you have to go.

I've looked at this as a possibility for my return if flights aren't brought back. The Nok Air option looks like another possibility.

Whatever choice you make stay safe.

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

I've included a few prices below Phuket airport to BKK airport.

For a family of four its about 2000.00 baht more than the "free" bus.

You also have to add cost of petrol. 

It's a long way.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Espanol said:

You also have to add cost of petrol. 

It's a long way.

It was about 2600 in my SUV.

Personally I feel safer driving myself and my family. 

It would only take One person with the Delta variant to contaminate that whole bus on a 12 hour journey.

I'd also take my time.  Maybe take two or Three nights and stay at the Marriott Hua Hin.

24 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

It was about 2600 in my SUV.

Personally I feel safer driving myself and my family. 

It would only take One person with the Delta variant to contaminate that whole bus on a 12 hour journey.

I'd also take my time.  Maybe take two or Three nights and stay at the Marriott Hua Hin.

In that case, all things considered, it might be best to fly to Utapao from Phuket.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Espanol said:

In that case, all things considered, it might be best to fly to Utapao from Phuket.

That's an idea.

Not only that, Pattaya is beautiful without the tourists and a 5 star hotel like the Hilton or Pattaya Pullman G hotel in Naklua would be nice.  Prices are dirt cheap!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Espanol said:

Here's an example with 15 kg of baggage.  It's cheaper with just the 7kg carry on.

I miss traveling.  We did a lot during the beginning of the pandemic.  We enjoyed the empty beaches and unruly crowds of Chinese tour busses.

Screenshot_20210726-172411.jpg

• Thanks 1

Surely the only "tourists" to use this service would be those Sandboxers who had planned to travel on to other places in the Kingdom. So they'll be shafted/dumped at Swampy with no onward domestic flights or buses and needing all the necessary paperwork for "essential travel" to leave ?