Expat in Hua Hin stole furniture/air-con worth 40K from rented room - blames relationship with Thai wife

webfact

7 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Do you think Thais notice the difference between foreigners being a French French, and a pale French with North African roots..?

Thai's are not stupid...  and just like everyone else there may be larger scale generalisations...  but on an individual basis we are treated on our individual merits and based on how we behave, dress, speak, look etc etc... 

So... the difference between any of us is most definitely noticed, in the same manner we all notice the difference between each other. 

Two white French guys will be treated differently purely based on how they act, how they talk, their body language, how they interact with others, how they dress, tattoos, smiles, who they are with, what the person they are with dresses likes, looks like and acts... 

We all do this without even noticing.... we try not to and ‘most of us’ try not to let this determine our response and behaviour but it would be un-human not to pick up on behavioural and physical characteristics and respond.

The key is to respond and interact not based on looks but on behaviour.

Edited by richard_smith237

Just now, BritManToo said:

I do!

Most Thais I know are very conscious of skin colour.

I see many dark brown French people where I live, but perhaps we have more sun, and more French people, in the south - the southern islands in the Gulf have always had many French visitors, almost a French substitute colony for Vietnam with some speaking the language, but they don't understanding a word of Thai - and we also have numerous Middle Eastern visitors, of which many are very pale, probably rich enough to stay indoor, or in the shade...????

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thai's are not stupid...  and just like everyone else there may be larger scale generalisations...  but on an individual basis we are treated on our individual merits and based on how we behave, dress, speak, look etc etc... 

So... the difference between any of us is most definitely noticed, in the same manner we all notice the difference between each other. 

Two white French guys will be treated differently purely based on how they act, how they talk, their body language, how they interact with others, how they dress, tattoos, smiles, who they are with, what the person they are with dresses likes, looks like and acts... 

We all do this without even noticing.... we try not to and ‘most of us’ try not to let this determine our response and behaviour but it would be un-human not to pick up on behavioural and physical characteristics and respond.

The key is to respond and interact not based on looks but on behaviour.

Why do you make me think of khun Anutin...????