Something new is happening...?

skippybangkok

19 hours ago, kekalot said:

exactly, and by the time they get 100 million doses of whichever current vaccine .. regardless of if it's effective for Delta, Delta will be something else.

chasing rainbows

But it won't be "Echo" or "Foxtrot"................!

Can I do something that goes against the grain here and go back to the original post, which, for those that have forgotten, relates to Covid-safety measures in hotels.

I've just been through the list of health and safety questions that hotels have to fill in, substantiated with photographic evidence, even in cases where you have no idea what to photograph!

No small establishment could ever comply with all these but of course they aren't going to answer no to any of the questions and some sort of photographic mock-up will take place.

With bigger hotels it's a different matter and I would guess that compliance is very much the decision of the management. Some will be slapdash and as soon as the SHA+ certificate is awarded it's job done and back to normal. Others may be waiting an inspection at any time so are acting in such a way that they won't lose the approval, others might actually be abiding by the rules. Sounds like the OP is at a hotel where one of the latter two applies.

• Like 2

On 7/25/2021 at 4:05 PM, kekalot said:

both true but the issue with number two is the delays, I keep seeing they will get 10 million doses of X, Y and Z but they say Q1 2022

by the time they would get 100 million doses of anything that works NOW (Delta? etc) then the virus will have changed and it won't be effective anymore

they would get 100M of Delta variant vaccine in like June next year and by that time they would have the Echo and Foxtrot variant..

Israel had very high % of people vaccinated with Pfizer and I saw news a week or so ago that 40% of the new cases were people that were already vaccinated.

now it's "Vaccine was 39% effective at reducing infection risk and 91% effective at preventing severe illness, Health Ministry says"

Covid is here to stay as every flu.

The only numbers that makes sense are hospitalized people fully vaccinated.

Untill we won't have separated numbers we will have only uncetainty

• Like 2

Didn't know this until today we went to Central mall and they told us it's closed until Tuesday... Gf saw on local Chinese forum, dozen workers tested positive in Central mall, not sure if this was in English news...