Phuket Opinion: A storm is brewing

webfact

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

It shows you what a farce the Thai army is. I think the last time they faced a real enemy was the Japanese invasion of Prachuap Khiri Khan? And they folded within hours. Imagine these clowns facing a real enemy, in the real world? Instead, they make enemies out of their own people, to show how tough they are. Just wait. 

Yes, Imagine if they faced a "real army"..................like the Taliban or the Viet Cong , they would probably have to disappear under the cover of darkness , no match for a proper army.....................these Thais ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, Imagine if they faced a "real army"..................like the Taliban or the Viet Cong , they would probably have to disappear under the cover of darkness , no match for a proper army.....................these Thais ????

The first ones who would defect would be the generals. Likely some of the softest men in the nation. They would likely wet their pants, if faced with live rounds of ammunition. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mansell said:

All this nightmare proves is that military leaders are the last people to be in charge, especially in what amounts to a national emergency.

Let's not even mention a billionaire construction tycoon donning a medical smock and pretending to be a Health Minister during a declared "Global Killer Pandemic."

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, sucit said:

Lol

the cause of all of that was premature lockdowns, which you seem to be a big supporter of. 

Nobody is part of the solution until they start encouraging the govt to open the country for the sake of the working people of Thailand. That includes you. 

Premature Lockdowns? Not a fan of lock downs at all, just believe that to keep the lion at bay one must take care of the populace, which these folks have never done.  Moreover Prayut blames his own people for the spread instead of standing tall and accepting responsibility.  But hey you don't care you just want the country wide open, will will ensure thousands of more deaths and then families destroyed even further. There is a balance that could be obtained with the lockdowns and that comes with the price of spending money to take care of folks in those areas.  Why do you think people flee the places that are being locked down, it is called they are going home to share in whatever the family has available to them.  If the Government put forth half of the effort in obtaining welfare packages for all Thais instead of weapons of war and in creating a space program then we may not have that problem.  Question for you, have you helped a family in need, even before Covid, or just found a way around everything in life to get what you needed for yourself.  Thai people are proud and having to take a handout for them is a true loss of self, unlike in the west where people quit jobs because they can get more in welfare and unemployment, no such social welfare packages here.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The first ones who would defect would be the generals. Likely some of the softest men in the nation. They would likely wet their pants, if faced with live rounds of ammunition. 

Did you miss the fact that I was refencing the U.S Army ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

you know things are bad when old girlfriends I have not heard from in years are texting saying they forgive me. 

surprised they still have their sim cards as many cant aford to top up each month so let them fail.    none of my old birds still have their numbers in force and they have had them for many years

5 hours ago, Peabody said:

Are you in Phuket? Patong is nothing as you describe

I Am in phuket now and i did not see any sex tourist. acctually i saw few families and farang couples, so why to talk dirty?

pitty is that most shops are closed, propably for ever. what a shame. will take years

for this place to recover even if covid is gone tomorrow and all business back to normal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Thailand vs. Taliban or Viet Cong? 

thats a bit like putting Manny Pacman up against Tyson Fury. 

As far as dissapearing under darkness goes maybe Thailand vs. The French would be a fairer match ????

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It shows you what a farce the Thai army is. I think the last time they faced a real enemy was the Japanese invasion of Prachuap Khiri Khan? And they folded within hours. Imagine these clowns facing a real enemy, in the real world? Instead, they make enemies out of their own people, to show how tough they are. Just wait. 

You think they had a show of repelling the Japanese? They doubtless decided that there was no point in dying for nothing and accepted the inevitable.

No shame in being realistic.

Even the British army in Malaya/ Singapore couldn't defeat the invasion.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

surprised they still have their sim cards as many cant aford to top up each month so let them fail.    none of my old birds still have their numbers in force and they have had them for many years

i make them get tattoos. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You think they had a show of repelling the Japanese? They doubtless decided that there was no point in dying for nothing and accepted the inevitable.

No shame in being realistic.

Even the British army in Malaya/ Singapore couldn't defeat the invasion.

They actually did wage a battle, unaware that Bangkok had already surrendered. 41 men and boys lost their lives.

But while the rest of the country laid down arms, Srisak and a small band of 120 soldiers at the Ao Manao airbase resisted the invaders for 33 hours, unaware of Bangkok’s capitulation. Over a third would die by the end of the battle.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/09/08/33-hours-of-defiance-the-thai-airmen-who-resisted-an-empire/

DSCF2659.jpg

18 hours ago, connda said:

Let's not even mention a billionaire construction tycoon donning a medical smock and pretending to be a Health Minister during a declared "Global Killer Pandemic."

He may know cement, but he sure don't know medicine!

• Sad 1

On 7/27/2021 at 2:59 PM, spidermike007 said:

They actually did wage a battle, unaware that Bangkok had already surrendered. 41 men and boys lost their lives.

But while the rest of the country laid down arms, Srisak and a small band of 120 soldiers at the Ao Manao airbase resisted the invaders for 33 hours, unaware of Bangkok’s capitulation. Over a third would die by the end of the battle.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/09/08/33-hours-of-defiance-the-thai-airmen-who-resisted-an-empire/

DSCF2659.jpg

Unfortunately that is par for the course.

Every war is chaos, IMO. How many troops died from "friendly fire" in the wars last century?

I was in the military so I know about the incompetence.

On 7/27/2021 at 4:59 AM, spidermike007 said:

Spanish defenders of Baler (Philippines), resisted 337 days under siege (July 1st 1898-June 2nd 1899) because they never beleived that Spain had surrendered to the USA.

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sitio_de_Baler

On 7/26/2021 at 12:18 PM, spidermike007 said:

Can you even imagine having him as one of your guards? He would be the last one I would ever choose to protect me. Must have been a favor of some sort.

Prior to his current position, the last position the good general held was being in charge of the military responsible for the defence of this realm. He must have done a good job because I don’t recall the country being invaded during his watch

????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1