Bangkok alcohol check

problemfarang

Hi guys,

I was wondering if the police do check points and do alcohol check in bangkok like they almost do every night in bangkok?

Havent seen them doing that since the covid are they doing now or still not..

I mean for car drivers. Not walking people

Thanks

Edited by problemfarang
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, n00dle said:

It was a pretty stupid post, but your newbie remark is equally ridiculous.

Does whiling away entire days serial posting on thaivisa somehow carry some intellectual weight?

Doesnt seem to from where I sit.

my post was a simple question. They do or not... if it makes people confuse.. lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

And so back to the original question! I do not live anywhere near Bangkok, but I do have recollection of reports of the police there withdrawing routine breathalyzer checks because of the risk of spreading the Covid virus. It makes sense of course.

They will, of course still pull over anyone they suspect of drunk driving as usual.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

And so back to the original question! I do not live anywhere near Bangkok, but I do have recollection of reports of the police there withdrawing routine breathalyzer checks because of the risk of spreading the Covid virus. It makes sense of course.

They will, of course still pull over anyone they suspect of drunk driving as usual.

Thanks. Finally an answer

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I do not live anywhere near Bangkok, but I do have recollection of reports of the police there withdrawing routine breathalyzer checks because of the risk of spreading the Covid virus

is this a major concern of yours or just healthy interest in things happening far away? I e.g. couldn't care less whether the ambulance in Cobar AUS still turn on the sirenes or not...

• Haha 1

The only times I've seen drunk driving checkpoints in Bangkok in the past were during hours that are now covered by curfew - and if you're out for a drunken joyride during the curfew, they won't need a checkpoint to find you. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, alien365 said:

You do though. I've had a breathalyser stuck in my face a few times to blow into in the past. The last thing I'd want to do during covid is put my mouth on one of those. It doesn't matter if they say they've cleaned them or not, I don't trust them. 

Good point

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thurien said:
7 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I do not live anywhere near Bangkok, but I do have recollection of reports of the police there withdrawing routine breathalyzer checks because of the risk of spreading the Covid virus

1 hour ago, thurien said:

is this a major concern of yours or just healthy interest in things happening far away? I e.g. couldn't care less whether the ambulance in Cobar AUS still turn on the sirenes or not...

There were two reasons that I answered the O/Ps question. Firstly I have a very good memory for facts, even those that have no direct bearing on my life.

Secondly I felt that he warranted a proper reply following up from the nonsense and sarcasm that had already been posted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Not to bad if that is all the problem you got. 

yes I was happy to give it, but I tried to bargain and they almost accepted 3000.

I guess that the difference between me and people who pay 100000k is that I have balls and even though I didn't have any prescription (for the weed I smoke daily since 20 years), I told them that I had one and that I will not have to pay anything if I bring it the next day at the rats house.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, thurien said:

Has Cobar got a ambulance ?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, alien365 said:

You do though. I've had a breathalyser stuck in my face a few times to blow into in the past. The last thing I'd want to do during covid is put my mouth on one of those. It doesn't matter if they say they've cleaned them or not, I don't trust them. 

Paranoid much?  

• Haha 2

On 7/29/2021 at 11:09 PM, n00dle said:

Does whiling away entire days serial posting on thaivisa somehow carry some intellectual weight?

I think most who do believe it does unfortunately. Nice post though.