Can I Enter Thailand Again!

Everything I said here is true!!! I wanted to go back because my wife go back alone and her relatives want to see me so much!!! But I really feel fustrated as why I was revoked to enter the kingdom!!! Jus a smalll mistake that I make!!! I never killed anyone??? Thanks!

Thanks for what? I'm wondering why you think that pleading desperately with thaivisa.com will somehow improve your situation. Like all of the sudden someone here is gonna say, "Ok, Robin, I think you've learned your lesson. You're welcome to return to Thailand." No one here has that kind of authority.

I can see you're hoping for solutions. But you've already gotten all the good advice you're gonna get. Maybe it's time to examine the choices you've made, and whether they're getting you what you want in life.

EW

Edited by expatwannabe

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this thread had been axed allready.. What happened?

Soundman.

I don't know. Did you axe a question? I didn't axe anything. :o

(that should do it)

There's no need to axe this thread. It's a tremendous opportunity for all the forums' moral police to have their say.

Today I have spent several hours at immigration doing what I like to do.  Starting to dig someone new out of the Immigration Detention Center.  As I have now done this a number of times, I can say that I have a good relationship with some senior people that has been useful in my efforts to get things worked out.

Today I spent about 45 mins with a senior officer and asked him about Black Listing of people from entering Thailand, as the person I am digging out of the IDC at the moment is waiting deportation after imprisonment for a minor marijuana conviction.  6 grams got him 6 months in the slammer.

There are basically two groups of people that get Black Listed.   Both groups of people have been convicted of a criminal offence in a Thai Court.

People that have been convicted of ANY drug related offence are black listed for LIFE as is the case of friend in the IDC.  There is no appeal and it is permanent!  They said 100 years!

People that have been convicted of other offences may appeal their Black Listing in a Thai Court and it will be up to the court to make a decision if to revoke the Black Listing.  It can and has been done.  You would need a good immigration lawyer but it is done and it mostly sucessful after a 5 year period of time.

I do hope this help the OP

Badbanker

Edited by Badbanker

• 9 months later...
Obviously I can only comment on my home passport (UK), but as Singapore was closely associated, could be very similar. Mine states on the notes page "This passport issued as a replacement for passport number xxxxxxxxxx issued at yyyyyyy declared stolen".

I wonder if it has to do with getting your passport replaced while in country instead of just getting a new passport in your home country?

Doesn't the OP's story have all the ingredients of a fairy tale? It is up to each of you, of course, to decide whether you want to believe the OP's story. Was he really jailed and deported for 4 months merely for being accused of stealing a mobile phone? Is he really married to a Thai? Is his desire to see his mother-in-law the real reason why he is so desperate to be allowed to travel to Thailand? Is he a Troll?

--

Maestro

I think his mobile phone is on the blink and he needs a new one. :o

This is all just a big wind up AGAIN! Why does the OP NEVER answer any of the questions that may help him come to a resolution on the matter?? Just keeps posting the od.... please help blah blah! So sick of these type of threads. Come to Thailand and try to steal my phone and see what happens!

A friend of mine was in prison for best part of a year up here in Chiang Mai, when he came back he put a bit of cash in his passport and it was stamped - so bribery is an option :o don't see you've got much to lose by trying it. Once he had the first stamp he had no trouble visiting after that. He was in prison for some sort of passport fraud.

Edited by anonymouse

A friend of mine was in prison for best part of a year up here in Chiang Mai, when he came back he put a bit of cash in his passport and it was stamped - so bribery is an option :o don't see you've got much to lose by trying it. Once he had the first stamp he had no trouble visiting after that. He was in prison for some sort of passport fraud.

will that help? thk. I put 1000baht will tht do?

quote...Sorry if I'm mistaken about other states, still don't think this convicted thief should be permitted to re-enter though.

I dont think this was the kind of help he was hoping for.

Well life doesn't always turn out all sunshine and happiness when you go around stealing things does it? I suppose if it had been you he stole from your attitude would be different. Usually is.

I see it as a cautionary tale that should be a warning to others with light fingers.

COULD BE WORSE, DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THIS GUY AROUND PATTAYA ?

http://www.phaseloop.com/foreignprisoners/...ohn_watson.html

Great website, you cant beat Michael Wiseman getting caught with 300k usd

>A typical sales pitch induced gullible savers to buy stock <

Som nam naa

Go home.

Change your name legally and obtain a new passport.

Then you should be OK.

Don't worry about photographs taken at immigration points, there is no way they

have enough computer power to check every photo against, even a blacklist database.

Do note that if he'd been in the same position in the UK (as a foreigner convicted of a crime, even a petty crime) after serving his time he would also have been deported and made PNG.

I do not believe that this is the case. AFAIK a magistrate or judge makes a recommendation for deportation and the case is put before the Home Secretary who makes a decision. It is not usual for such a recommendation to be made. In any case the do-gooders will get involved.

Nobody. but nobody, goes inside for a petty crime in the UK. A string of petty crimes maybe. The prisons are at bursting point now anyway. I think that magistrates cannot send anybody down for more than 3 months. If they consider harsher punishment to warranted then the case is referred to a Crown Court and a judge will decide.