Govt Thanks Britain for Donating 415,000 Vaccine Doses

webfact

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

Well for non-Brits most definitely good news. But for Brits, on the other hand,..................

Brits are residents , get in the queue  like the rest of us . I realize some countries have offered and received  vaccinations for  there citizens over all other residents in Thailand . I personally think that is wrong . Thai system is wrong as well by making a vaccination more difficult for a foreigner in many case's. Two wrongs don't make a right .

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I will certainly have the displeasure of meeting the Ambassador Mark at some point in the future and you can rest assured I will convey my feelings on this matter to him. 

By all means donate vaccines to Thailand but we should NEVER leave our citizens overseas without assistance in a time of crisis. 

I am sure that you will be most eloquent. It may be that leaving him with the thought that by not being transparent about any pressure or influence being brought to bear on the fair inclusion of British Subjects in the Thai national vaccination programme he does great damage to the institution he heads and the office he holds.

"Diplomacy" does not preclude "transparency"! Pompous I know but it may touch a nerve?

• Like 1

Just now, sapson said:

indeed how difficult would it have been to enquire about the actual number of Brits in Thailand and arrange for an additional amount to cover this, the French did this with ease using Bkk hospitals nationwide and it takes some burden off the already stretched to the limit Thai health system.

Where there is no will there is no way.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The country is dead to me after 31 years here in Thailand. I am struggling to find any connection with the place I was born and used to be proud to be from. 

I see the UK has been infiltrated by Marxists and immigrant refugees from failed states that has increased criminality, diluted the identity of our people and has brought dangerous religious ideologies which we have traditionally fought against for over 1,000 years. 

I understand your sense of alienation which the UK Government has done nothing to counter.  However I still have family there and support the cricket/rugby/soccer teams.

On 7/30/2021 at 8:37 AM, inThailand said:

So typical of cheap Brits? Everyone else donates millions of doses. 

The Uk has donated to many other countries as well at the same time, so it's not just Thailand alone receiving vaccines!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, sapson said:

indeed how difficult would it have been to enquire about the actual number of Brits in Thailand and arrange for an additional amount to cover this, the French did this with ease using Bkk hospitals nationwide and it takes some burden off the already stretched to the limit Thai health system.

If they really wat to know how many and where expats of any country live all they need to o is to go to Immigration and download their figures. Add perhaps 10% for under the radar and you will get the number.

Just look under each province and you will find the number and then simply identify which state hospital is nearest and arrange for the vaccinations,

It isn't rocket science. 

38 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

I am deeply touched by this generatious donation funded by UK taxpayers of which I am one.  Just transferred GBP 1,467 to the bastards last night!

I have been trying to get some back! 4 months and still waiting.

• Haha 1

On 7/30/2021 at 6:38 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

I will certainly have the displeasure of meeting the Ambassador Mark at some point in the future and you can rest assured I will convey my feelings on this matter to him. 

By all means donate vaccines to Thailand but we should NEVER leave our citizens overseas without assistance in a time of crisis. 

And this after them saying a few months ago that it was logistically too difficult to provide vaccines for expats here.  They are Members here on this forum, so maybe they will be good enough to tell us what has changed and why they are still not supplying vaccines for their own citizens here.  I bet I hear a deafening silence. 

4 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

And this after them saying a few months ago that it was logistically too difficult to provide vaccines for expats here.  They are Members here on this forum, so maybe they will be good enough to tell us what has changed and why they are still not supplying vaccines for their own citizens here.  I bet I hear a deafening silence. 

back of the queue for you, after referring to the the UK in another topic  as a basket case country. 

????