Thailand says to order additional 10 million doses of Pfizer vaccine

snoop1130

7 minutes ago, Ireland32 said:

Today’s news in USA is Pfizer efficacy isn’t the fix-  all vaccine against Indian Variant, Moderna is very good  , I’m very fortunate to have received 

I got the moderna too but it doesn't matter much because we are all affected one way or another if the rest gets sick. The recent CDC revelation that Delta variant is as transmissible as chicken pox is very worrying. 

• Like 1

U.S. Charge d'Affaires in Thailand Michael Heath said at a separate briefing that the United States would send one million doses of an unspecified COVID-19 vaccine in addition to that batch.
So perhaps that was the deal here—order 10 million more Pfizer, and US will kick in another donation of a million Pfizer/Moderna/J&J.  A little hardball from the USA?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, WingFat said:

Yep, you and me both. I get a big laugh from all the US-haters on this forum when they come to realize that the US has produced the most effective vaccine to date...under the leadership of that guy they all love to hate. 

the second part of pfizer vaccine is BioNTech, that from the german company, which first worked on development of mRNA. To scale up research they partnered with pfizer.

non of posts above are about the us-hate.

trump, under whom this vaccine was developed, but without any of his support (fda gave $1bln to moderna, nothing to pfizer) is hated much more in the usa itself, than from all different foreigners living in thailand. He is goner and forgotten already

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, lks7689 said:

I got the moderna too but it doesn't matter much because we are all affected one way or another if the rest gets sick. The recent CDC revelation that Delta variant is as transmissible as chicken pox is very worrying. 

Would you mind sharing the link? I just moved to Spain and am not yet at the point of making a final decision on any vax, but this info may force my hand.

10 minutes ago, DBath said:

Oh, but they will line up and sing Xi Jinping’s praises and hail to Sinovac!!!

And tell you how great it is - even how great China is…what a croc of propaganda. 

But, so far, you are peddling nationalistic and statist propaganda in this thread.

It's about pfizer order - nothing to do with sinovac, it's efficacy, about which political leaders are the best or which country is your favourite

• Haha 2

I think the tide’s turning in favor of Pfizer/Moderna vaccines.  We can pat ourselves on the back here on T.V., but in reality the praise and recognition should go to all the Thai media.  Even in the farm villages now, people know the difference in vaccines.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

So perhaps that was the deal here—order 10 million more Pfizer, and US will kick in another donation of a million Pfizer/Moderna/J&J.  A little hardball from the USA?

Not seeing any quid pro quo on this additional 1 mm.

Could be Moderna, Pfizer or J&J, all are approved here.

U.S. gave 3 mm Moderna to Vietnam last week, in addition to the 2 mm Moderna delivered to Vietnam earlier this month.

U.S. gave 1 mm Pfizer to Malaysia earlier this month (delivered).

U.S. gave 4.5 mm Moderna to Indonesia.

Most via COVAX. Too much to keep up with.

But I think the additional doses are likely to be Pfizer, just a guess.

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

But, so far, you are peddling nationalistic and statist propaganda in this thread.

It's about pfizer order - nothing to do with sinovac, it's efficacy, about which political leaders are the best or which country is your favourite

Nope, I was responding to Isaan Sailor’s post. And if you’re intention is to scare me by tying my comments the article regarding the spread of misinformation, think again. 

I no longer live in the LOS, nor do I ever plan to return. You can have it - enjoy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

the second part of pfizer vaccine is BioNTech, that from the german company, which first worked on development of mRNA. To scale up research they partnered with pfizer.

non of posts above are about the us-hate.

trump, under whom this vaccine was developed, but without any of his support (fda gave $1bln to moderna, nothing to pfizer) is hated much more in the usa itself, than from all different foreigners living in thailand. He is goner and forgotten already

Not what my American friends tell me. But they are all pro Donald. ????

Edited by nauseus
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, vandeventer said:

With all these vaccines coming in why don't they make it easier for those who don't live near private Hospitals. Like let your local doctor order the vaccines and give them to you at a little higher cost This would stop long lines at the hospitals and more people would vaccinate.

Can you imagine the logistics of transporting and keeping these vaccine doses at the right temperature? I would never trust getting jabs from any local doctor in a small city anywhere in Thailand.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, gejohesch said:

Can you imagine the logistics of transporting and keeping these vaccine doses at the right temperature? I would never trust getting jabs from any local doctor in a small city anywhere in Thailand.

Not all western vaccines need 70 below temperatures.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Not all western vaccines need 70 below temperatures.

Even if vaccines need only to be kept, say, at -10 (Celsius), I still would have worrying doubts about taking jabs from a doctor practice in the nearest city to where I am (20-30,000 inhabitants), not to mention in its public hospital (I have visited a few times, no comment).

I was also replying to a post mentioning Pfizer. As far as I know, it still requires very low temperatures, and once taken out will only be good for a few hours. Now, I'm not a pro on this, I have to admit.

Edited by gejohesch
adding a line

15 minutes ago, gejohesch said:

Even if vaccines need only to be kept, say, at -10 (Celsius), I still would have worrying doubts about taking jabs from a doctor practice in the nearest city to where I am (20-30,000 inhabitants), not to mention in its public hospital (I have visited a few times, no comment).

I was also replying to a post mentioning Pfizer. As far as I know, it still requires very low temperatures, and once taken out will only be good for a few hours. Now, I'm not a pro on this, I have to admit.

Please guys do some research.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/coronavirus-covid-19-update-fda-allows-more-flexible-storage-transportation-conditions-pfizer

19 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Thanks. Good read. I was aware that some easing up of transport and storage conditions had been allowed recently. However, this still mentions "undiluted frozen vials" and that's where I have a nagging doubt. Mainly about "frozen". I am just not confident that "incidents / accidents" would never occur all the way to me getting a jab in the local little city in Thailand. Sorry, as much as I have seen excellent medical facilities in Thailand, I also have seen too much of the "developing nation" side of it.

I'm still waiting to read the still-secret contracts.

Warning

Jim Smith is a board member of Pfizer and President of the Thomson Reuters Foundation. 

Schermata 2021-07-31 alle 16.33.26.png

Edited by zhounan

On 7/31/2021 at 9:56 AM, Saddic said:

Just g'ed it... Thailand shipping 120-150m doses export...  (or targeted to)...

10m doses inflow not even a drop in the bucket...   What they gonna do for the next 10 days??? TIT

Poking noses and looking stupid?