Staying Cool, Calm, and Mentally Collected during Covid: How do you do it? Your Secret is What?

9 hours ago, simon43 said:

Here in north Laos, my daily routine has hardly changed. There was a village lockdown earlier this year, but we're talking about just a couple of imported virus cases.  I walk into town and back (8km) most days, do my radio amateur hobby, teach science online etc.  I was AZ vaccinated for free months ago, since Laos treats provides vaccinations to all, based on medical/age priorities.  I stay cool, calm and mentally-collected, because apart from the difficulty in travelling overseas (no BKK shopping trips), life goes on as normal.

Sounds good

Cut and carry grass for the cattle most days, 300 metre walk to the cowshed.

Along with my wife and son just finished painting our modest home, cement primer where we added rooms, then two coats of washable paint inside and out. Just finished today worked on it for 15 straight days.

Cycling, usually a fast 4k most days can get back to that now painting is done. In the UK on furlough was cycling around 15 to 20k + a day. Worst was working from home only got out for 6k cycling a day. 

Happy in Thailand now, will fit a new tube on one of my son's motorcycles shortly. No problems sitting in the outdoor kitchen watching the world go by. As I have stated a few times having led a busy working life it was hard at first to accept doing nothing but relaxing was ok at times. But I am getting there.

• Like 2

The misses and I work the garden in the morning, afternoons I'm trying new air fryer recipes or home schooling my son, evenings are for exercise/walking/jogging and nights are for Netflix.  When we want to break up the monotony we'll try a new restaurant.   

• Like 1