Over Vaxed?

khunbillmex

13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

[Beginning of June: AZ / Beginning of July: Pfizer / Beginning of Aug: Pfizer] - 4 weeks between each (thats jus the way it worked out)

No ill effects....  I needed to have the 2x Pfizer vaccines for work, to secure vaccine certification and to secure a ‘sandbox’ return to Thailand.

Had I known I’d be receiving both Pfizer doses in July and Aug I would not have taken the AZ vaccine in Thailand at the beginning of June - I never had the luxury of knowing when I’d be called back overseas so took AZ when I had the chance. 

Research shows no issues with mixing AZ and Pfizer, and a further Pfizer dose a month after the first is not going to cause any damage - it’ll either ‘boost’ antibodies a little more, or it’ll do nothing. 

As it turns out, I felt a little ‘crappy’ the day after I took the second Pfizer dose, less so than the day after I took the first Pfizer dose. So I can only assume it triggered my immune response and built more antibodies. 

----------

Now, a question to the ‘vaccine hysterics’.... IF you took a Covid-19 vaccine (Sinovac, AZ, Pfizer, Moderna) and were then bitten by a dog, would you panic about getting a rabies shot and mixing it ?

Or if you cut yourself on a rusty nail, would you panic about getting a rabies shot and mixing it ?

There is all way too much panic about these vaccines... no one ever panicked about vaccines until Covid-19... We’ll give or take a number of complete antivax nutters who placed their children in grave danger on the advice Andrew Wakefield, the British Dr who was struck off the medal register for his part in triggering the Anti-vaccine movement.

Wonderful, now you can tell Anutin "Buzz off, I'm triple vaxxed!".

I got my first AZ in June and would have loved to switch to Pfizer when it became available at MedPark, but they required it to be your first vaccination. Where did you get your Pfizer and did they care if you had any priorvaccination? Did they even ask?

On 8/2/2021 at 8:11 AM, richard_smith237 said:

I recall having Polio, Tetanus, Yellow Fever, Hepatitis, Typhoid all at the same time...  

Taking vaccines at the same time has never been an issue. 

Now all the attention is on the Covid-19 vaccines a lot of people have become somewhat hysterical.

First off,  Polio, Tetanus, Yellow Fever, Hepatitis, and Typhoid are all single dose vaccines. But the issue with multidose vaccines is intervals. The immune system needs time to be adequately primed by the first dose before a second is administered. And presumably the same goes for a 3rd dose. So it's not so much a question of safety as it is of potency.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rabas said:

Wonderful, now you can tell Anutin "Buzz off, I'm triple vaxxed!".

I got my first AZ in June and would have loved to switch to Pfizer when it became available at MedPark, but they required it to be your first vaccination. Where did you get your Pfizer and did they care if you had any priorvaccination? Did they even ask?

Middle East.... I wasn’t asked, I didn’t tell. 

They do not accept vaccination records from other countries, thus, its get vaccinated elsewhere and quarantine when returning, of get vaccinated here (Middle East) and no need to quarantine on return. 

Can only get a vaccination cert if double vaxxed in country.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 11:33 AM, placeholder said:

First off,  Polio, Tetanus, Yellow Fever, Hepatitis, and Typhoid are all single dose vaccines. But the issue with multidose vaccines is intervals. The immune system needs time to be adequately primed by the first dose before a second is administered. And presumably the same goes for a 3rd dose. So it's not so much a question of safety as it is of potency.

Since when did polio become a single dose vaccine?

On 8/6/2021 at 6:33 PM, placeholder said:

So it's not so much a question of safety as it is of potency.

Yes, though that's not how the hysterics understand it. It's safety that keeps them awake at night.