French Stick or Baguette - where to get

stament

It's been a long time but the most authentic tasting/tecture baguette was from the Landmark Hotel bakery shop. Don't know if they are still there/still open.

I tend to buy mine from Villa market.

Have you tried the French version of TV or whatever it's called now? Use Google translate to get something like "ou est le baguette Francaise authentique?"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

+1 for Villa, specifically the baguettes / bread in general from Maison Jean Philippe.

Another excellent bread option is Conkey's in Ekamai although I've not had his baguettes. But his sourdough is fantastic.

1 minute ago, BKKBike09 said:

+1 for Villa, specifically the baguettes / bread in general from Maison Jean Philippe.

Another excellent bread option is Conkey's in Ekamai although I've not had his baguettes. But his sourdough is fantastic.

In Chiang Mai....

• Haha 1

The most authentic French Stick I have found is at BIG C [crusty and good texture] the store on the superhighway that used to be Carrefour. Just west of the family court junction. That one has an excellent made-on-the-premises bakery shop.

Note: Like Makro, not all BIG C's are the same.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Caspersfriend said:

The most authentic French Stick I have found is at BIG C [crusty and good texture] the store on the superhighway that used to be Carrefour. Just west of the family court junction. That one has an excellent made-on-the-premises bakery shop.

Note: Like Makro, not all BIG C's are the same.

Do you mean Big C extra? on the superhighway that Bangkok hospital is on?  I've never seen a Carrefour in CM

38 minutes ago, stament said:

Do you mean Big C extra? on the superhighway that Bangkok hospital is on?  I've never seen a Carrefour in CM

Yes. If traveling west [clockwise] on the superhighway, from the junction of the 118 {Doi Saket road] it's a few hundreds meters on your left --- it was CARREFOUR before and BIGC retained the internal layout [on the second floor] and the bakery. Being CARREFOUR previously is the reason why the bakery is good. If you reach the INDEX LIVING MALL you've gone to far, or if the Bangkok Hospital way too far LOL

5 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

What is the point of you posting on the Chiang Mai forum? Are you simply trying to tell us country bumpkins that you are superior?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Dante99 said:

The Opera is by far the best.  Hands down.

+1

Great breads etc made fresh twice every day by en excentric French Chef.

Still busy every day.

Located at the bottom end of Sridonchi near the river.  Very near to Anantara Chiang Mai Resort.

Edited by fangless
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, brommers said:

What is the point of you posting on the Chiang Mai forum? Are you simply trying to tell us country bumpkins that you are superior?

If you can't get the bread you want, you should eat cake. We have plenty here in Bangkok.