Homeschooling…Anyone else doing it?

So just e-mail my sons private school telling them that he will be homeschooled until this Covid situation improves.

As my son holds a passport from my home country and I am a certified teacher, I was wondering if I officially need to report this anywhere?

Reasons for choosing homeschooling:

- This schedule conflicts with my workday and by homeschooling him, I can create the best and most flexible learning environment for him during these Covid times.

- I can not see school’s opening in the near future and can not justify having to pay full school-fees for online learning only.

Anyone else who have gone for homeschooling due to Covid??

(not quite on your topic, I know; not sure what the legal aspects of home schooling are here)

Mine are still doing online learning through their school, but knowing that they aren't getting much out of it, we try to just push general fiction and non fiction reading as much as we can; with follow up discussions.  Covid at the very least means two out of three (and sometimes all three) meals a day now are family meals, compared to just one a day before.   And as always, even pre covid, one of the main goals is to limit the amount of *entertainment screen time* as much as possible.   A lot of families I know have just pretty much left their kids in front of their PCs through all of this.   

• Like 2