DWP pension payments

I have my UK pension paid into Bkk Bk.

If you have given all the correct details to DWP of the bank address and the swift code your good to go. 

It's the IPC that deals with you abroad.

Mine comes every 4 weeks on Thursday's rarely sometimes not always not there till Friday.

If you're concerned at all they very helpful if you telephone them. 

It can be a long wait to speak to someone but at least you will have piece of mind. 

• Like 1

Well, I'm in the same position as the original poster.  I was 66 mid July.  I had to ring the DWP to inform them of a change of address last week, the 29th of July.  While I was on the phone I thought I would enquire regarding my first pension payment.  I was told the first payment had been paid the day before (28th) and it was a payment of two weeks pension.  Then four weeks later I would start to get my full pension paid exactly every four weeks.

However regarding my first payment I was informed that all pension payments come from America?  It is paid by Citibank and would reach my UK bank after five working days.  Now i knew this because I have a friend who is two days older than me and sure enough his first payment went in to his bank five working days after it was due.

Now, like the original post my payment will come directly into my Thai bank account.  Because of this, you have to add a further four working days, so nine working days in total.  

So, Almer, if your pension was due on the 4th of August it's highley unlikely you will get your first pension payment until the 17th of August.

After that you should get it every four weeks.

It does sound ridiculous that in 2021 it takes nearly two weeks to get your pension payment.  Of course that's not taking into account the many bank holiday days they have in Thailand that will add extra days to the nine.