Chiang Mai: Bank robber who wrote his demands on a deposit slip arrested in two hours

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Kasikorn Wongnakhon from Sisaket, aged 24, had entered the SCB Chotana Road branch in Muang district, Chiang Mai and handed a deposit slip to the teller. 

It had a phone number and a chilling message scribbled near the bottom: 

This translated as: This is a robbery. I have a gun. Be quiet. Hand over the money.

Kasikorn fled with 20,000 baht. 

20,000 baht - SCB's stocks are traded low on SET, I realize now that they might have no money - perhaps khun Kasikorn should have chosen a Kasikornbank instead...????

This is a good example of not having critical thinking taught in the government schools. I read some really funny reports like this through the years like the guy who robs a gold shop then returns to back to the same one to sell it back.

When it comes to his name Kasikorn maybe his parents wanted him to be a banker when it comes to names it makes me wonder did his parents think if he turns out to be a robber if we give him this name he will know what is the best bank

I've know guys with name like Big and they were all really small minded you know what I mean?  Then a guy name Champ he wasn't a winner even close in fact I wanted to call him Chump!  I tell kids in my neighbor learn a skill because you too stupid to be a crook.????