Siam Commercial ATM card usage outside of Thailand

Any idea what SCB levy as a charge ?? Flat fee ?? Percentage...??  I rang their call centre Friday and despite the girl clearly having fluent English she couldn't grasp the question

Perhaps there is NO fee hence her bemused response !

Got to a be a fee surely ??

Mods you can close this one if you want

I missed the search from Thaivisa itself on google where I'd actually responded 100 baht albeit years previously

Dementia again lol

Will link it in anyway

https://aseannow.com/topic/1078254-siam-commercial-bank-overseas-atm-withdrawals/

Edited by Chivas

21 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

perhaps she couldn't grasp the question because the card is not usable outside of the country... 

Well I've used my SCB card in Australia, Canada, USA, Turkey. Works just fine if you plan for it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

Well I've used my SCB card in Australia, Canada, USA, Turkey. Works just fine if you plan for it.

I have used mine in foreign countries too, first time in Bali I got a phone call from SCB asking if I were in Indonesia to which I said yes. The caller told me that I had to phone the bank and tell I plan to use the card outside Thailand or else they will block the usage after one use. And so, every time since I have had plan to use the card outside Thailand I have called SCB and told them and the card have been active.

On 8/7/2021 at 11:57 PM, MajorTom said:

Yeah. My Singapore Citibank card has had a 6 digit pin since i opened the account more than 10 years ago. Works globally.

Bangkok Bank also 6 x digit PINs.

1 hour ago, jomtienisgood said:

Joking ????

nope - 

know a guy who got some sort of card at a local Thai bank and asked where it could be used - she said 'anywhere' - he left the country and found out she meant 'anywhere in Thailand' - - he had a major problem... 

Jomtien is nice - just stay there - - are you allowed out anyway? 

18 hours ago, The Theory said:

Was it acceptable exchange rate ? 

Yes, around the same rate as shown at the bank. First time I went 2012 however the rate was close to 34 baht in 2019 is was around 21. ???? However some ATM providers within Australia charged me as well, the one at the airport for sure. The one at my regular place, across the Murray in NSW did not charge me until 2019. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

nope - 

know a guy who got some sort of card at a local Thai bank and asked where it could be used - she said 'anywhere' - he left the country and found out she meant 'anywhere in Thailand' - - he had a major problem... 

Jomtien is nice - just stay there - - are you allowed out anyway? 

Amazing, My Kbank card works everywhere. Malaysia, China, Philippines, even Europe. For next question, yes we can go anywhere. Restaurants only take away, Semi Curfew from 9pm to 4am. Nothing to see in the dark anyway, 55555. Alcohol same as usual...