Kamala at night?

HansumFarang

54 minutes ago, HansumFarang said:

The local convenience shops don't stock alcohol? How odd - a couple of years ago, there were several 7/11s selling alcohol, as well as the Tesco/Lotus and Big C, and the mom n pop shop on the main street.

The last time I was in Kamala (March 2020) there was one "7" (the one closest to Kamala Regent) that didn't sell alcohol. They also didn't serve whatever meat it is that Muslims consider dirty. I would guess that it was because it was close to two mosques?

No sympathy for the fool who bought a condo without doing the most basic research.

17 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Does it ?? If vaccinated people can still carry and spread it . 

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

So what i said in the first place , was completely treu . 

To answer your question, yes, it does reduce the spread. 

38 minutes ago, stevenl said:

To answer your question, yes, it does reduce the spread. 

That's not answering my qeustion , that's just justifying your own answer . It's ok to say your wrong sometimes it will not hurt you stevenl . Try it maybe you will do it more often . I was right in the first place and your comment wasn't . 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

That's not answering my qeustion , that's just justifying your own answer . It's ok to say your wrong sometimes it will not hurt you stevenl . Try it maybe you will do it more often . I was right in the first place and your comment wasn't . 

You asked 'does it reduce the spread', I answered. So yes, I did answer your question, the only problem is you, strangely enough, seem to not like the answer, 

8 hours ago, stevenl said:

You asked 'does it reduce the spread', I answered. So yes, I did answer your question, the only problem is you, strangely enough, seem to not like the answer, 

A bit of a retorical qeustion maybe, hence me saying that people vaccinated can still spread and get infected . So it will not really reduce the spread right ?? The thing it will reduce is hospitalization and IC care and that's the important thing and not the spread . If it spreads and people don't get hospitalized or die that's the end of the problem we can't stop the spread (not yet maybe in the future they will get a cure but i am not counting on it being the near future) . The thing is, if people don't get so sick that they have to be hospitalized or die , we have reduced covid to a flu and that's what we have been living with for ages. And i am not an antivaxxer i will get it if the right one is available but that's what i think we have to achieve . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Psimbo said:

I also agree about the condo purchase- this place is 300m from the nearest mosque- how difficult is due diligence. Funny how its always a 'friend' that gets caught out. If the prayer cycle is so upsetting its simple- just don't come here.

The Muslim community in Kamala is very tolerant, most of the properties that are bars are owned by muslims- its funny to see a 'penguin' quite happily conversing with the bar girls, they don't have the angst that Westerners seem to. 

Thanks for confirming that Kamala is muslin zone.

Edited by Espanol

1 hour ago, zzzzz said:

never understood all those here that obviously hate phuket and than even hate specific areas on the island and feel the need to tell everyone>
I spent 22 years in Kamala an loved it>
after trips to foreign shores used to head to the  beach, head out to sea an look back at the mtns an green hills and say,  " dam, nice place I found"

Never minded the call to prayers and its kinda quiet where i am now without them  ????

Yes, it is beautiful to be at sea and look at Kamala.

But, being on the beach and looking the other way is a bit ugly.

All those postage stamp villas crammed together on the southern headland is an eye-sore and the view of the northern headland isn't much better.

Kamala used to be lovely, but after all the ugly development near the beach, or in view of the beach, plus the ugly and dangerous racetrack that cuts through the centre of town, it's seen much better days. Then again, what beach hasn't.

I just think Kamala has been hit harder by excess development than other beaches.

Just my opinion. If you like it and can tolerate the <deleted> view from the beach, then good for you.

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 2

On 8/11/2021 at 4:36 AM, KarenBravo said:

Yes, it is beautiful to be at sea and look at Kamala.

But, being on the beach and looking the other way is a bit ugly.

All those postage stamp villas crammed together on the southern headland is an eye-sore and the view of the northern headland isn't much better.

Kamala used to be lovely, but after all the ugly development near the beach, or in view of the beach, plus the ugly and dangerous racetrack that cuts through the centre of town, it's seen much better days. Then again, what beach hasn't.

I just think Kamala has been hit harder by excess development than other beaches.

Just my opinion. If you like it and can tolerate the <deleted> view from the beach, then good for you.

KB is the resident anti-Kamala hater on Phuket, so don’t pay much attention to her obvious overblown biases.

OVERALL, Kamala beach is probably the best beach and beach town on Phuket.

Kamala Bay offers a beautiful long stretch of beach, with a great selection of F&B and accommodation RIGHT ON THE BEACH, and still plenty of room to find a relatively quiet private spot to relax.  

in addition, you won’t need to worry about the big hassles and dangers of having a car or bike if you stay in a hotel in Kamala.

Yes, there are some smaller lovely secluded beaches on Phuket that are more natural, but they have few or zero amenities, and you will need a car/bike to get there, and may even need to hike up/down a jungle hill to find it. Those gems are definitely fun for tourists on a day trip if your up for a mini adventure.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...