Window Air Conditioners.

Asquith Production

I have a small day room where I work and can watch movies if the family are watching Thai soaps. The room area is only 150sqft (14sq Metres). According to Google I only need around 5000btu air conditioner but would probably look at about 8000.  . I have scoured the usual online outlets and can only find some Chinese knock offs. Midea seem to be a reputable brand but difficult to get here. Would appreciate any advice.

Depending on the make up structure of the walls, 5,000 should be more than adequate.   My advice; ensure that the unit has a 'dry' setting, not all of them do, it's all I ever use on my bedroom air-con and  it keeps the room cool in all conditions and its cheaper to run of course and you don't need a big unit to do the job. 

4 minutes ago, beachproperty said:

Why a window a/c?????

The typical split a/c should be fine and affordable....9000 btu.

look at Lazada .....

Except Lazada I agree. Would look at a local shop who does the installation too.

Window AC? Can't remember having seen one here?

Last one I remember was 1987 in a New York hotel.

A hell of a machine, noisy and shaking.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, beachproperty said:

Why a window a/c?????

The typical split a/c should be fine and affordable....9000 btu.

look at Lazada .....

A number of reasons. Its portable and can be moved to other rooms and taken to in laws who dont have AC.. Ease of installation and the fact that 9000btu would be overkill for such a small room. Just exploring if it as an option.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Except Lazada I agree. Would look at a local shop who does the installation too.

Window AC? Can't remember having seen one here?

Last one I remember was 1987 in a New York hotel.

A hell of a machine, noisy and shaking.

Just looking as an option. The modern window Ac units, especially Midea,are very quiet and portable

49 minutes ago, bbko said:

Seems those window ACs are very difficult to find here in LOS, your next option is a portable AC (not a air COOLER).

I wish I could get my hands on one of these. https://www.ubuy.co.th/en/product/1VRJ2O2-midea-u-inverter-window-air-conditioner-10-000btu-u-shaped-ac-with-open-window-flexibility-robust-in

If you would like my advice I wouldn't buy something what can I see you need off Lazada because that's a big gamble is willing to take then so be it. Personally I would shop around like HomePro big C among and a few big names that are out there because of majority of the time they produce includes installation and you can get them 9000 Btu for about 9000 baht. This way if anything goes wrong with it you've got someone to go directly back to because if you buy it off Lazada and get someone to install it guarantee if something happens to it they say it's not their problem you have to get in touch with Lazada and believe me you have got a headache on your hands

• Like 2
  • Sad 1